Saturday, May 27, 2006

MEMORIAL DAY 2006

Photobucket

Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the mornings' hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die.

Photobucket
The spirit of our brave men and women, who have given their lives in service to our country-- and so often the world--will never die. They will always stay alive in our hearts, forever standing as the best examples of what America represents--willing to die for the freedom and liberty of others. There are no greater people on earth, there is no better country on earth. Let everyone be as brave as they have been FOR ALL OF US.
Photobucket
For any of you who doubt how the d'Rats feel about our men and women in uniform, here is an answer that ought to make it clear. There are only 3 responses to this poster's posts (what typically Democrat answers they were, too!) and then the topic was 'achived'--hopefully because someone there was too ashamed to print anthing further:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful sentiments,verityink,very fitting.I can't think of anything grandiose to say other then God bless all our veterans,past and present.Always it seems our Nation is fighting to preserve the precious liberty we have or trying to bring it to someone else and always our men and women in uniform are there.Despite the D'Rats and their traitours ilk,nipping at their heels,with hate for them and comtemptable,cowardly slander.God Bless our veterans and God Bless America,Peace through Fire Superority.Johnnymac

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

only 3 comments and all bashing the war.......unbelievably nasty sentiment. apparently, they can't even suck it up enough to memorialize soldiers from past wars? Or perhaps those wars were wrong, too, in their eyes. SO sad.

Happy to have this wonderful poem you posted, Donal..excellent. And yes, it shows the difference between us and them....so vividly. Sort of like hearing a melody you want to forget, I'm afraid I"ll have to immerse myself in good thoughts for a while to rid myself of the filth at DU.

Have a wonderful weekend, Donal and all..........love and greetings on a weekend we stop and remember people braver than I can imagine. God bless them all, living and dead, and their families, who deserve so much, too.

And, though the ACLU and others are trying to kick God out of everything American, may he still find the grace and love to continue to shower us with blessings....

z

9:40 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

ZINLA Yes--and thank you for your lovely words. We are, indeed, so terribly blessed.

The d'RATS were doing their usual "assummping" this morning--assuming they kneew how everyone in the entire world feels, thinking they know why people do things, ALL the reasons, and what they expect will happen as a result.

Besides stating how 'the whole country' feels about President Bush, they were telling me how I felt about former prez Clinton--how much I 'hated' him (which was a neat trick as we hadn't ever posted to one another before) and 'how did it feel?'

The hatred they assume I feel about Clinton is only being used to justify their very real hatred of Bush. Those poor, pathetic little asswipes--they can't even justify themselves to themselves without US (and what they try to make us into).

That's just small and brokendown, beatdown with no dignity left.

10:49 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

J'MAC Thank you, friend, I know how much you honor our troops. You've ALWAYS done your part to support this country--wish you'd goto DU and teach 'em how to be men (they'll have to go to Parris Is. to learn how to be Marines!)

10:52 AM  
Blogger JINGOIST said...

WHAT'S UP JM!! Those were beautiful words indeed. The Greeks, Romans and Vikings believed in a warrior's paradise for those who fought hard, especially for a righteous cause. How many brave men (and women for that matter) have given their lives fighting tyranny since the founding of this country?

My guess is somewhere between 1.5--2 million. G-d bless them all for their unselfish ultimate sacrifice.


As for the 3 posts at DU that I read. They truly are their own worst enemies. Can you IMAGINE waking up in the morning being one of them? The misery!


Morgan

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a very old tombstone, nearly unreadable from age, near the bottom I read this simple message that says so much in so few words:

"The War Took Our John, But Jesus Gave Him Back to Us"

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jingo,hello,how are you?Doing fine here,thank you.Going to be busy this week0end,lots to do around the old homestead.I'll give you a call tomorow eveing.J'Mac

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home