Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Democrat Equals Defeat

Democrat Equals Defeat
By Carol Platt Liebau

“Sagging ratings may not hurt Democrats,” the headline of a recent AP story proclaimed triumphantly. According to the political strategists cited in the piece, historically low Congressional approval ratings are attributable to “widespread anger over the war in Iraq, and lawmakers’ inability to change the war’s course.” Therefore, the experts concluded, “Republicans are still far more vulnerable than Democrats.”

Put aside the inconvenient fact that Congress’ ratings have been even lower than those of the war’s chief proponent, President George W. Bush. To the extent that Republican vulnerability on war-related issues remains, it means only one thing: They’ve failed to communicate a very simple truth – that Democratic leadership means fecklessness and defeat when it comes to the war in Iraq in particular, and the war on terror generally.

more...

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/CarolPlattLiebau/2007/07/23/democrat_equals_
defeat

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that we have a contest of...
"I can go lower than you can."
"No, you can't!"
"Yes, I can!"

10:07 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

CF-"Yes I can, yes I can, yes I can!"

tmw
Yeah, I've heard that song before...

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home