Thursday, August 02, 2007

They'll Try and Explain "It's the Context!"

Bush-Haters Endure Tough Week

I did it again -- opened my mouth.


I drove behind a car carrying two guys. Their bumper sticker read, "War Is Not the Answer." I knew better, but I pulled up next to them at a red light, rolled down my window, and said, "OK. If war is not the answer, what is?"

"Peace!" the driver angrily responded.

"Just curious," I said, "do you think people in Tehran drive around with bumper stickers like that?"

"So you support the war?!" his passenger shouted.

Gee, I thought, what a sudden change of topics. All I wanted to know, if war is not the answer, then what is?

"Which war?" I said. "Iraq? Afghanistan? World War II? The Civil War? Can you be a little more specific?"

The passenger turned purple. "The war in Iraq! And where are the weapons of mass destruction?"

"Look," I said, "I've got some bumper stickers in my trunk that say, 'Beheading Is Not the Answer.' Would you guys like a couple?"

"F--- off!" they said in unison. Their car roared off.

Ah, yet another example of the "return to civility" after the Democrats' recapture of Congress.

more...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved that line about the newspaper saying Iraq's THE most important thing, yet having the article indicating a rise in support on page 9. If that isn't an obvious agenda, I don't know what is.

"Beheading is not the answer" is almost as good as my friend MIke's bumper sticker idea "Give War a Chance".

5:19 AM  
Blogger FairWitness said...

In the words of Ol' Blue Eyes, The Chairman of the Board, The Voice, Frank Sinatra:

"The best revenge is massive success."



President George W. Bush will prevail not only against Islamic terrorists, Saddam Hussein, the Taliban, Osama bin Laden - but also against treasonous liberals and their partners in crime: the Mainstream Media.

7:11 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I love my patriotic gals!

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a simple little fact that SHOULD stop a lefty in their muddy little tracks: Bad news for the left is GOOD news for America. Or even more accurately, good news for America is BAD news for the Dems!
Do you think the idiots are even bothered by that?

Morgan

7:36 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Les will get on here and say it's all a matter of CONTEXT! LOL!

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

morgan, as you know, what the left will do is see the comments you made here and accuse you of calling them anti American or unpatriotic. First thing we need to do is say "okay, so you do believe in patriotism? It's okay to say you're patriotic only if someone's accused you of NOT being patriotic?" interesting.

Donal's right; it'll be all about 'context' AS IF.

What the heck's the difference of:

-the left has the same exact wishes Al Qaeda has for Iraq (doubtless, they can't prove otherwise...you see the spin CNN and other lefty channels went into yesterday trying to throw dirt on that Brookings article about the good possibility of success in Iraq?


and

-the left agrees with Al Qaeda.??
same thing! Isn't it AntiAmerican to side with your biggest enemy?

9:54 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

ZinLA--I'LL BE HAPPY TO CALL OUT THE LEFT AND CALL THEM UNAMERICAN AND UNPATRIOTIC! THEY ARE!

What in the hell could POSSIBLY be an acceptable context in which to say their horse shit about good news in Iraq would be a problem for 'em???

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donal.. Like I said "isn't it unpatriotic to side with your enemy" ANY way you slice it?

what 'context' did I give them?

1:20 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I was speaking rhetorically,hon....

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home