Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Shades Of Obama...

FROM DU: Throwing Away My Father's Flag

I still have the flag that was placed on my father's coffin as a veteran of World War II. I plan to give it away. Without the constitution, it's just colored cloth. Without it, my father's generation failed at Nuremburg. I think I'll send it to Chris Dodd. He's one that understands. Maybe he can show it to his colleagues and appeal to their conscience. (mmonk)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2004746

I include this here because it shocked me so entirely. Here is a guy who has the American flag that last laid over his own father--and he wants to just throw it away! I wonder what his father would think of that? Somehow, I don't think he'd like it very much. I think, in later years, of the other members of his family --perhaps the soldier's grandchildren--that will be learning about this and the example he set.

My grandfather never had to worry about any such of a thing--never will. How low and selfish and shallow...and ugly.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that OIbama is not right in head.

With two Muslim fathers, with a muslim middle name he is already under suspicion.

Throwing away the American flag will not work well with most of America.


Why are politicions so dumb.

Is he going to reomve the Flag from the white house when there(mever never , never , tfu tfu tfu)?

I despise this man.


batya

3:07 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

I still have the flag that was over the casket of his father! And he died in WWII when my late was a baby! YOU DON'T THROW AWAY SACRED MEMORIES! Unless you have no integrity and are without honor!

tmw

4:28 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I know, TMW, I was just horrified someone would do this--and for such a childish, selfish reason.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is infuriating and heart breaking at the same time. What an ignorant, disgraceful little twerp. Good Lord, how have we raised such a generation as this? Why doesn't this kid just go urinate on his grandfathers grave? J'Mac.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J'Mac, twerp was way too generous a description! This man has no concept of what American really means to most of us. I can see why Batya despises him.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home