Friday, November 23, 2007

Dem Plans To Hurt the Economy

FROM DU: Forget Black Friday- Buy Nothing

A 24 hour moratorium on consumer spending.

DUers Chime In:

--That's my plan... Fortunately, I don't give a shit about tomorrow. Fuck the gift-buyers.

--I have to buy cat food, but nothing else, I promise!

--Election day is more important to me than shopping tomorrow...

--We ain't buying nothing tomorrow, but I expect to be as succesful as any other boycott I have particiated in. Oh and for christ sakes if I buy a product on Friday or Saturday from a given retailer, it will not make a damn difference to the balance sheet for those who scream... but, but this will hurt small retailers.

--So yes, if only and even a million people take the day off... nothing will happen, but if 20% of the population stays home... they'll ask questions... if half the population stays home it will make the news. But for that to happen we need people like you to realize that alone you won't change a thing, but in a group, you have a lot of power. So I stay home, hoping against hope that someday people like you will finally get it and join up. Once again, me alone wil not do a damn thing... but me and another fifty million, or more, will have retailers and the powers that be going... hmm. And if this is done for a week, the economy can be brought to a halt.

--Talk w/ your family. Both branches of our family do not give 'corporate purchased' gifts.

-- I refuse to enter a store for the next few days if at all possible.

--I gassed up 2 days ago.... I have no need to buy anything. Our families don't buy corporate, so its a moot point.

--Not much shopping frenzy here, the local choices being MallWart or Kfart. The rest of the stores are locals, and will be opening at the normal time.

--I'm getting an oil change...and that's it;as if to make the circle complete i have asked my friends and relative to buy me nothing.


http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2332592

So, here are the sad-sack Democrat plans for Black Friday this holiday season. They have organized a huge 'boycott' of retail stores--especially the bigger ones. They want people to refuse to shop on Black Friday (the day that traditionally kicks off the holiday shopping season and is the best chance businesses have for getting out of the 'red' for the year, hence the term 'Black Friday'.)

Why they do it is anybody's guess. Some do it to protest 'high prices' or their 'low pay'. Some do it to 'protest the economy' and want this to hurt it. Others do it to protest President Bush and 'the way things are'--with an eye towards hurting his presidency. Still more do it to reject capitalism, 'consumerism' or people simply 'buying crap they don't need' (though I wonder how they made that ridiculous assumption.)

Of course, these same people have been adjudged the party of the rich--and I see few of them going without their hybrid cars, their trips to Cindy Sheehan's Dood Ranch-On-the-Road, or time off work to camp out in Nancy Pelosi's back alley. They want to talk about mindless consumerism while giving buckets of their money to the likes of Krazy Kucinich, Al Gore's Huckster Parade, and John Edwards living in a house the size of the Kremlin.


They can talk about hunger in America all they want, but they'd better ask Ted Kennedy, John Murtha, and Gorebalony about it first. Lefty free-range turkeys, organic produce, and the homemade wine they had yesterday cost more--and was more extravagant--than anything we had here.

This is just one more mindless display of the depravity and negativity of the Left. They're not grateful for anything, can't begin to thank our troops or believe anything good about America or the war--and they'll do anything to hurt George Bush and his time in office--no matter who else gets hurt in the interim. What pathetically empty people they are.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can the blame for this type of thinking be lain anywhere other than our educational system?
The Department of Education and the teachers unions have got to be purged of these mental midgets, these commie carryovers.
Enough already!

Paul

10:31 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Hell, Paul, I don't think half of them are doing it for the same reason--or if most of them even have a coherent reason at all. They just do it 'cause Dems do it', I guess... anything to be negative and anti-American seems to work for them.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True enough Donal. Still, a quality education,even semi-quality,with a pro-American slant, would go a long way towards curing some of the mindlessness displayed here.

Paul

1:22 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

I don't shop on Black Friday because I hate crowds! Though my son and our neighbor had to have the where with all to change my; oil, oil filter, air filter and gas filter! So, I did go to WalMart for those items...then headed home...with a stop to pick up a 12 pack for the neighbor!
But my reasons are NOT to harm the economy, unlike these twits!
And yes, our education system IS overrun by leftista do-gooders and 'change-agents'...which is why I home school!

tmw

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crowds, traffic, heck the parking lots alone are enough to keep me away. There are some incredible deals to be had, but at the cost of one's sanity?
I swore off shopping on this day years ago - and I actually love to shop. Urban nature walks you might call it.
Unfortunately my wife today told me she is done with Black Friday also. One bad experience too many I guess. But... we'll se what next years bargains will be. Depends on what we need.
I'll drop her off.

Paul

5:33 PM  
Blogger FairWitness said...

I agree with Paul on this; this is the result of modern education. Educated idiots is what we're turning out!

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, everyone acts as if this one day is the only day in the world to shop! talk about condintioning. If these same companies were saying ''stay home'', folks would do that. Imagine if they said ''jump off a bridge''. J'Mac.

8:31 PM  
Blogger CHOMP said...

Let them do without or pay regular price! I'm going down and catch some sales.

catfleas

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home