Monday, December 03, 2007

Cop's Widow: Haunted by Abu-Jamal for 26 Years

Cop's Widow: Haunted by Abu-Jamal for 26 Years
NewsMax

It's a case that has been exhaustively examined and re-examined for more than two decades: the murder of a young white police officer by a former Black Panther.

Mumia Abu-Jamal's fatal shooting of Officer Daniel Faulkner has become one of the most prominent death row cases in the world. But throughout 26 years of litigation, one part of the story has been largely overshadowed.

The officer's widow, Maureen Faulkner, is now speaking at length about the case in "Murdered by Mumia: A Life Sentence of Loss, Pain and Injustice" (The Lyons Press), a book written with radio talk-show host Michael Smerconish that comes out Thursday.

"It's been a therapy for me. It really has. The truth is now on paper on what happened the night Danny was murdered," Faulkner said in an interview last week.

The memoir chronicles Faulkner's attempt to rebuild her life as she fights Abu-Jamal's numerous appeals, travels the country to debunk myths about the case, and strives to ensure her husband is not forgotten.

more...

6 Comments:

Blogger FairWitness said...

What hell is the matter with liberals? Why do they waste their energy on murderers?

What a wonderful woman Maureen Faulkner is. Courageous and strong!

5:44 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I've told Sis to put it on my Christmas list!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, good deal - I'm glad she wrote it; that POS should swing.

3:22 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Yeah, I can't stand that slick huckster--or his lousy enablers.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For sometime years back , Anne and I used to go down to Philly, to the Art Museum, (thats the one Stallone runs up the stairs on in "Rocky'') and invariably in some gallerie we'd run into some nerdy lib couple (with their''1.2 kids'',what ever that means) wearing their "Free Mumia'' shirts,usually I'd glare at them. I remember doing that once to one dude, this was after 9/11, we'd gone to see a display of Medieval arome and I was wearing my leather jacket with an American flagpin. And sure enough, there was Granola Dad with his "Free Mumia'' shirt I remeber glaring at him and him reaching for his daughter, like I'm the big bad conservative wearning an American falg. Probably told the kid I'm a racist too. Not Mumia though, who was out looking to execute a white cop. J'Mac.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, meant to say "Medival armor'' J'Mac.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home