Friday, January 18, 2008

Environmental Terrorism and the Price Of Oil

Environmental Terrorism and the Price Of Oil
By Michael Reagan

Here we have the humiliating spectacle of a president of the United States begging an Arab potentate to increase our supply of oil while Democrats, who bear the major responsibility for the problem, scoff at him as a mendicant groveling at the feet of a foreign monarch.

As humiliating as it is for the United States to be put in a position where our economy is held hostage to foreign oil producers who can make or break our nation simply by limiting their petroleum production, thus causing the price of oil to skyrocket, it is even more shameful that we have allowed the so-called environmental movement to escape the blame for our predicament.

Make no mistake about it, you are paying exorbitant prices at the gas pump solely because the environmental terrorists and their Democrat allies in Congress have all but shut down our domestic oil production while refusing to allow the exploration and creation of new sources of this resource so vital to our economic health.

While President Bush was left with few if any alternatives to seeking help from the Saudis thanks to our inability to exploit our own untapped oil supply, it is disturbing that instead of demanding that Saudi Arabia act on our behalf by beefing up oil production, we asked them politely to do what they should do without being asked. They owe us at least that.

more...

9 Comments:

Blogger CHOMP said...

Every time I go to the gas pump and fill up my car, I will think of this article. We can no longer be dependent on foreign oil; they have us "over a barrel."

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great article - I wish everyone could read it, but they won't. I'd like to see Morgan's opinion of it.

I wish more people cared.

6:23 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I'm glad YOU read it, Bob!

8:42 AM  
Blogger FairWitness said...

I've been saying this for years, but Michael Reagan said it a whole lot better in this column! Bravo and Amen!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I were a terrorist in the US, this is the perfect time to blow up a couple refineries here.

The Democrats and commie environmentalists are real SOBs.

2:24 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Anyone who has a legitimate complaint about the articles I post can write me anytime at;

DONAL2004@aol.com

8:33 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

LES--If you get anymore net nannyish, I'm going to put a Site Pest logo up on my sidebar in your name (under 'losers')!

8:54 AM  
Blogger FairWitness said...

I had a feeling it was him. It was so smarmy! What an asshole!

9:26 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Well, Les can't think up anything to say in response to the articles, he can't think of anything to say in response to my comments or anyone elses, so he plays Net Nanny instead.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home