Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Mark Levin Tells Michelle Obama ‘Stop Putting Down My Country!’

Mark Levin Tells Michelle Obama ‘Stop Putting Down My Country!’
By Noel Sheppard

For those that missed it, Mrs. Barack Obama recently told a Milwaukee, Wisconsin, crowd, "For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country."

On Monday, my colleague John Stephenson wisely asked, "
Will Media Ignore Michelle Obama Remark?"

After looking at what MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski said on Tuesday's "Morning Joe," the answer to Stephenson's question is: media that don't ignore Obama's disgraceful comments will likely defend them.

Fortunately, conservative talk radio host Mark Levin isn't part of the mainstream media establishment, and on his program Monday, said what most press representatives would if they had any spine, and didn't behave like shills for the Democrat Party:

What do you mean for the first time in your adult life you're proud of your country, and not just because Barack has done well, but because you think people are hungry for change? Have you suffered? Have you suffered, ma'am? I'm tired of people putting down this country. I'm tired of people pretending that this is still pre-slavery, pre-segregation, pre-internment. That we're in a depression. I'm sick and tired of people ignoring the enormous progress we've made in this country and sacrifices one generation after another have made to make this a more perfect country. I'm sick and tired of it. [...]

I don't give you a pass. You finally have hope for this country? Well, that's somebody else's kids over there, fighting and dying so you can go to an Ivy League school, so you can send your kids to a private school, so you and your husband can have your day in the limelight, and to make millions of dollars. Stop putting down my country! Stop putting down my country when there's so many great people doing so many great things so you can have it all, so we all can have it all. No more pandering. Enough is enough. This may work with the radical left, but it doesn't work with me, and it doesn't work with most Americans.

more...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/02/19/mark-levin-tells-michelle-obama-stop-putting-down-my-country

6 Comments:

Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Mark Levin is right, I too am sick and tired of the awful allegations and innuendos about America.
Maybe she should go live in Iran or SA for a few years, then she might get down and kiss the ground when she got back!

tmw

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that quote today on the radio and was shocked at the utter stupidity of it. We all know that lefties hold America in contempt, but I thought that a Harvard spouse of a major candidate might be a touch more in control of her tongue.

Morgan

5:36 PM  
Blogger CHOMP said...

Morgan, I don't think Michelle Obama can control her tongue.

She would, no doubt, be an embarrassment as first lady. How do I know that? Because she is already an embarrassment to the country she thinks is so wonderful.

If her husband doesn't win, do you think she still will be "proud" of this country...a country that has given her wealth, power, prestige.

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This woman displays an even more staggering ignorance of this nation and history then her husband. In no other country on Earth and I mean NO country could a black woman achieve such success. This stupid woman has never known racism, EVER! If indeed she has been so previously ashamed of America, the land of her birth, then by all means Mrs. Obama, PICK A BETTER COUNTRY! Johnnymac.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Michelle Obama has a crazy look in her eyes. Has anyone else noticed that about her?

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I have too. She reminds me of the chacter Kim Hunter played in "Planet of the Apes'', the female chimpanzee scientist. yeah, this babes screwy looking all right. Johnnymac.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home