Sunday, March 23, 2008

HAVE A BLESSED EASTER!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Happy Easter!

Isaiah 53

[1] Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

[2] For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

[3] He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

[4] Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

[5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

[6] All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

[7] He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

[8] He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

[9] And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

[10] Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

[11] He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

[12] Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Photobucket

Thanks to our dear Merry Widow for supplying this wonderful piece from Isaiah! She knows her scripture well, and she's always been ready to guide me in my spiritual journey with God. God Bless everyone!

Especially bless the great folks in our Prayer Group, our wonderful troops overseas, President Bush--and those working for us on his staff--and all my family and friends. In the dearest heart I have, I bless the honorable man I have in my life. May he lead as wonderful a life as he has given the people all around him; I love him dearly, and always will. I thank God for him every single day. He's the finest man I know ;-)

I hope everyone has a fabulous Easter. Let us keep God in our hearts, as we are always, forever, in His!

Love, VerityINK/DONAL

Photobucket

8 Comments:

Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Beautiful job, Donal! Have a very blessed Resurrection Sunday with Paul, Sis and 'The Maniac'!
Good morning, G*D bless and Maranatha!

tmw

3:47 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Well,and all thanks to you, Merry Widow! On my own, I would've slapped up JOHN 3:16, felt bad--and considered myself scripture deficient! LOL!

I hope you, the kids, Caleb (woof!) and Paca (grrrr!) have a great Easter!

(Everyone is still asleep; I have to type quietly and hope I don't wke up 'THE MANIAC'!!!!!!!!!!!)

Bless you and yours......

5:10 AM  
Blogger CHOMP said...

Donal, Absolutely beautiful display and words for this special day. Happy Easter to you, Sis, and to your delightful blog Family!

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is a BEAUTIFUL Easter greeting Donal, thank you to you Merry Widow, thank you both for your lovely e-card, Anne thought they were beautiful too. Jeez, it never occurred to me to send some, duh, I only ever concentrate on Christmas cards... Happy Easter to you all, enjoy and God Bless. J'Mac.

10:55 AM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

J'Mac-I keep Dayspring tucked into my favorites, that way they are available with little hairpulling(on my part!)
Glad Anne liked that one, I have always liked that painting, so to have it on a card just ran right up my alley.
Donal-Tell you what, next time you have an occassion(or if I just sit down and think of it) I'll send you catagories of Scriptures AND an easy to use Bible site. Then all you have to do is look up the reference, copy and paste...that's what I use for my Bible studies. It's easier than balancing a Bible, typing and NOT losing your place!

tmw

12:49 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Thank you, John--Merry Widow picked it out. If you ever need a piece of scripture, or can't find what you were reading last week, or whenever, just ask her; she's our house expert!

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful Easter greeting and verse, Donal!

8:51 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

And thank YOU, Bob; I really needed a boost on this Monday-after!

You're one of my most loyal regulars and I really appreciate it!

;-)

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home