Wednesday, July 02, 2008

President Bush Can Take Pride in Scorn

Bush Can Take Pride in Scorn
By Mark Davis


There has been no shortage of ridiculous articles this year evaluating how America's image will need serious refurbishing after the "damage" exacted by the Bush years.

One would presume that the most "damaging" element of the Bush legacy has been the seven years of the war on terror. Oh, how he - and we - are despised from the cafés of Paris to the sidewalks of Berlin, from the coffee shops of Cairo to the market squares of Caracas, all because we have spent the years since 9/11 trying to reform the part of the world that wishes we were all dead.

It is equal parts sad and scary that an entire political party and millions of its adherents in America believe that we should guide foreign policy by how much of the world likes us.
This is as fundamentally stupid as trying to raise a child by being a buddy instead of a parent. That is a sure recipe for a rotten, indulged, unappreciative kid.


If you think it an insulting condescension to analogize America and the world to a parent's lessons for a spoiled child, you are completely correct, and that is my precise intent. Much of the world deserves such derisive regard, and worse.

Europe doesn't know what an enemy is any more. The Middle East is so filled with murderous lunatics that rational voices are drowned out. And from Latin America to Asia to Africa, there is so much tyranny, terror and corruption that no single U.S. president could possibly make a sizeable dent.

But this one has tried, and for that he is despised by America's enemies around the world and political enemies at home.

He should wear their scorn like a badge of honor. I would love to see a day when America is admired consistently from continent to continent. But let the world admire us because we have done the right things, even when unpopular, not because we changed our definition of what is right to appease evil leaders and misguided masses around the globe.

more...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/07/bush_can_take_pride_in_scorn.html

They always say if the opposition minds that much, he must be doing something right! LOL!

6 Comments:

Blogger VerityINK said...

Watch your mouth, Lessy--one wrong comment and all your posts will come off this blog and I'll ask my regulars to ignore you.

President Bush has been an extraordinarily brave man to govern in the face of you enemies at home that wish to bring America down ever as much as the muslims want to. Having to fight 2 fronts at once has been a challenge--one he has met handsomely. I won't allow you to disparage him.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Ducky's here said...

You always You never You should You must You shouldn't You mustn't. Why can't you Why don’t you Why aren't you Why didn’t you How could you? You suck You blow You lie You have no idea. You ignoramus You jerk You Ass You partisan hack. You're lying You're cheating You're distorting You're asking for it. You're out of your mind You’re out of your league You’re out of your tree You're out of your gourd. You’re off your rocker You're off your meds You're off the reservation. You're wrong You're stupid You're ignorant You're mental You're full of shit. You're an automaton You're a bomb-thrower You’re a water carrier You're a Kool Aid drinker You're a hack You're a loser You're a prick. You've got blinders on You've got no sense You've got spittle on your chin You've got your head up your ass. You disgust me You repulse me You disappoint me You make me want to puke. You’re talking in circles You're talking in riddles You’re talking in gibberish You're talking trash You're talking like a two year old. You can go to hell You can kiss my ass You can leave You can take your shit to another blog. I'm warning you I'm telling you I'm advising you I'm this close to troll-rating you. I'm sick of your crap I'm sick of your attitude I'm sick of your comments I'm sick of your emails I'm sick of your purity. Mine's better, smarter, faster, more organized, more effective and more experienced than yours, whatever it is. I say so I know so I was there I heard it from the horse's mouth I saw it on the internet I found it on Wikipedia I have a friend who took a class I got it from Fox News I read a press release from my congressman. Knock it off Cut it out Get a clue Do your homework. Clearly you don’t understand Clearly you don’t listen Clearly you don’t get it Clearly you haven’t tried it Clearly you weren't old enough at the time Clearly you're out of touch Clearly you're running around with the wrong crowd Clearly you want us to lose. One more word One more peep One more comment One more outburst One more syllable and you'll regret it. Don’t give me that attitude Don’t play that card Don’t change the subject Don't act so surprised Don’t be so stupid. Go to hell Go pound sand Go back to your mommy Go screw yourself Go to Little Green Footballs. I'm sick of you I loathe you I hope you get what's coming to you, crybaby.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the funniest article. The rationalizations of the right are just so cute sometimes. I want to give you all a big hug and tell you it will be okay soon. Help really is on the way.

Even the military knows this, that is why the rank and file are donating to Obama by a large majority.

Your pal,
Les

5:53 AM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2015-12-21keyun
canada goose outlet
hollister kids
ugg outlet
kobe 8
coach outlet
gucci handabgs
adidas originals store
uggs on sale
ugg boots sale
uggs on sale
cheap uggs sale
nike air max uk
michael kors outlet sale
canada goose outlet store
jordan retro 11
ray-ban sunglasses
jordan 11 concord
coach outlet online
michael kors handbags
coach outlet store
jordan concords
adidas superstar shoes
coach clearance
jordan shoes
ray ban sunglasses
coach factory outlet
true religion
louis vuitton handbags
canada goose
marc jacobs outlet
louis vuitton outlet
north face
official coach factory outlet
canada goose outlet
nike roshe run mens
ralph lauren outlet
canada goose
michael kors outlet
uggs australia

6:27 PM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

ugg boots
ray ban sunglasses outlet
pandora outlet
michael kors outlet
coach factory outlet
michael kors uk
ugg outlet
ugg outlet
nike air force 1
ray ban sunglasses
2017.8.19

2:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالخبر
شركة المثالية للتنظيف شاه المثالية
شركة شاه المثالية للخدمات المنزلية
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالدمام
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home