Tuesday, August 01, 2006

DU Advises "Seventeen" Magazine

FROM DU: Advice For A Letter I'm Sending To Seventeen Magazine

Okay, the most recent issue of Seventeen magazine had an article called "My Mom Forced Me to Have an Abortion" and I wanna say that it's tragic that anyone would be forced to have an abortion, but it could potentially mislead girls into thinking that all abortions cause pain and heartbreak, which in reality, the most commonly reported feeling after having an abortion is relief.

This is what i have so far:"I'm writing about "My Mom Made Me Get an Abortion" from the September issue. First off, let me start by saying I think it's very sad that Christy was forced to do anything. No woman should ever be forced to have an abortion or have a child. That being said, the only issue I have with this story is the fact that it could potentially mislead girls and women into thinking that all abortions end with the woman being heartbroken and depressed.

The most common feeling after having an abortion is relief."I need y'all's help. Any advice about sentance structure, content, etc would be GREATLY appreciated. (tinfoil tiaras)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x1785236az=view_all&address=364x1785236

This post from DU has left me so unutterably... sad. I can't believe anyone would really think this. I'm just itching to ask this gal how old she is--and I'm hoping she's simply very, very young...


Was I ever that unmindful of life? Noooo... I wasn't: I often used 2-3 kinds of birth control at the same time, just to be extra safe.

However, "Tinfoil tiaras" isn't upset about the early pregnancy. She's not even particularly concerned that this girl was forced against her will (if the article is to be believed) she's certainly not bothered by the abortion! No, this erstwhile member of the Party of Compassion is most concerned with the fact that Seventeen magazine might've created a false impression!

Well, we can't have that! We can have kids having sex in middle school and the needless ending of a human life--but we can't have Seventeen not accurately depicting an experience! There's just GOT to be 'truth in advertising' in this day and age--yessiree!

Shoot, this girl couldn't even raise guppies in a pail o' water with a mindset like that. Some people need to be on perpetual birth control!

11 Comments:

Blogger nanc said...

gee wally, i hope her hair looks alright when she mails off her post...

wtf is wrong with these people? donal? tell me!

9:00 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I can't figure it out, Nanc--the thinking behind such things totally escapes me!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At one time in my life I believed in a ''womans right to choose''.(funny thing though,who chooses for the child?).I firmly believed in abortion.Over time,watching more of my nieces and nephews being born and a dawning conservitism,I came to realize that the smallest minority in the world is the individual.And those who would deny and individual their rights,in this case an unborn child,can't claim to be defenders of minorties.Abortion flys in the face of the Hippocratic Oath.Clearly spelled out in that are the words..''No physican shall preform an abortion nor provide a woman the means to do so...''You want to get the pro-choice(read abortion crowd)tell them that.Better yet ask them after the abortion is preformed,where does the fetus go?What a heartbreakingly,cavalier attitude this young woman has.Good Lord,what has happened in this young womans education and upbringing to have so soul-less and heartless an attitude toward an unborn child?She's still a child herself.What if her mother had exercised her ''choice''?My late mother gave birth to me and my four other brothers and my two sisters.She would have died herself to give life to anyone of us.What would this young woman do to give life a chance?Probably not too much.Some day this young woman will stand before her Higher Power,if she has one and she will have to answer for the life she destroyed.Johnnymac.

2:11 PM  
Blogger beakerkin said...

Donal

I need your insight and some of that of your readers. Todays question is who is an anti semite.
Ducky and Uptown are among a list of people we used as an example UU could also have been used.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Beaker,how are you?If you want to see antiSemetism,go over to FPM and click on yesterdays stuff 7/31.Click onto "Jaws of Defeat and look at where I got into it with this Iranian character called "SFP''.I asked him personally if the state of Israel and its people have the right to exsist.The guy went nuts.J"Mac.

2:34 PM  
Blogger beakerkin said...

JMac

I missed that one but I will check it out. Snow seems to have gotten desperate.

3:25 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Beak--You over at your house? I'll be over...

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J'Mac......I hope SFP never leaves FPM......he's an Iranian living in Iraq with 4000 Iranian freedom fighters dying to kick the Islamothugs out of Iran. Rick Santorum's fighting for his group, to garner American support for them. If he's not said all we'd like him to say, suffice it to know that his sites on the internet propose religion stay OUT of government. I do not believe he's anti-Israel because he's said he's not in myriad ways. I support him because he's fighting so hard against such odds and I want to know what's going on there.!!

7:18 PM  
Blogger nanc said...

zin - i have no problem with sfp either - perhaps he took what j.m. as a slight or personally?

btw - j.m. thanx for defending me the other evening to cleareyes - sometimes i take things the wrong way.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very welcome Dear Lady,Anytime.As to SFP,there is someting about him that just irks me.All his talk about fighting the mullas for 27 years.C'mon27 years?Thats not much of a fight.And I am 100% honest in what I asked him about Israel having the right exsist.I can never get a straight answer from him or any other ''moderate muslim.I sure to get a lot of every thing else,but never a yes or no.J'Mac

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand what you're saying ZinLa,I meant no animosity toward him but he does irk me some what and all I wanted was a simple answer to a simple question. But because I consider you such a dear friend and out of the upmost respect to you,I'll not bother him in that way again,Its is ignorant of me I suppose to not fully understand the nature of his situation and I must respect him for it.Again,my sincere apologies if my tone to him was rude.Johnnymac.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home