Monday, November 13, 2006

The Best Comment On Race and Culture I've Ever Read:

Bill Whittle's Tribe:

That’s the other thing, too – the most important thing. My Tribe thinks that while you are born into a Tribe, you do not have to stay there. Good people can join bad Tribes, and bad people can choose good ones. My Tribe thinks you choose your Tribe. That, more than anything, is what makes my Tribe unique.

I am so utterly and unabashedly proud of my Tribe, that my words haunt and mock me for their pale weakness and shameful inadequacy.

http://www.ejectejecteject.com/archives/000129.html

I include this here because I was so outraged at this video--thoughtfully provided by Prairieson at Tarheel Redneck: Dinosaurs Died Off to Make Way for This?

Please, please, if you read just one thing today, make it this! His entire blog Eject! Eject! Eject! (linked on my sidebar) is an absolute masterpiece of writing; I can't recommend it, or him, highly enough! His character, intelligence, and patriotism comes through in every word he writes!

5 Comments:

Blogger FLORIAN said...

So what tribe did ingrates like Jesse Jackson, Kweezy Mfume, and Julian Bond join?

They obviously went from a good tribe to a bad tribe.

5:19 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Hi Flo--That's exactly right. My saying is 'culture is character'.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This essay by Whittle left me utterly dumbstruck. The man is an 800 pound gorilla when it comes to words and images.

Everything he wrote there is as true as anything ever written.

And this guy works in Hollywood? Well, why am I surprised. One of the few men to inspire me in a political sense was an actor from Hollywood.

But you're absolutely right, Donal. This guy has few, if any, peers.

6:09 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I'm glad you like him as much as I do. I read all day long--I read a LOT and I'm hard to impress. I'm very picky about what I consider good writing, so when I see a guy like Whittle, I just go nutz. Prairieson, much of your writing is very, very good--you underestimate yourself in that regard. Jingo, yours is also good--wish you'd do longer stuff I could post. J'MAC, many of your ideas are very unique and you have such a good grasp of history and historical images. Wish YOU wrote more--and longer things, too! Florian, you, too are an excellent writer; your blog is top drawer always!

9:23 PM  
Blogger JINGOIST said...

DONAL this was an extraordinary read. How in G-d's name did you find it? I only wish I had 5% of his talent and insight. WOW!

Thank you for the kind words, they mean a lot coming from you.

Morgan

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home