Wednesday, December 27, 2006

MUST READ: Kerry KNEW It Was True THEN, But Not NOW!

Responding to Rangel--IX

We were left with so many unpublished letters about the U.S. military that we thought we'd take the opportunity of the holiday-shortened Christmas week to publish some more of them. We begin with one from Robert Eleazer, who tells us about a bit of recent history of which we'd been unaware:

I spent 25 years in the U.S. Air Force from 1974 to 1999 (not counting 4 years of ROTC from 1970-74). Although my family could not afford to send me to college without financial aid, and although I did not get a military scholarship, I joined because I wanted to serve my country--and the urgency to do so seemed greater to me at a time when the military was unpopular in some circles.

We need to recall that we would know about the attitudes of some leaders towards the quality of people who serve in the military even if the Vietnam War had never occurred, and if we did not have Kerrys and Rangles to remind us.

Robert Strange McNamara's attitude toward the U.S. military was well illustrated by an experiment he imposed on the armed services in the 1960s. Project 100,000 was a plan to place 100,000 retarded people and other mental cases in the military. Presumably, McNamara thought that these people had mental abilities compatible with military service.
Some of the senior officers I served under had the misfortune of having to deal with McNamara's experiment. A decade later they still shook their heads in dismay.


http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110009424

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get so damned mad every time I'm reminded of John Kerry's contemptuous comments about our fighting men and women. That traitorous piece of your-know-what should have been tried for treason and when convicted, sentenced to death by firing squad. And I would have been only too happy to serve on that squad. To think that this monstrosity is acutally a United States Senator who had the gall to run for President after betraying this country, just plain pisses me off. I'd spit in his face if I ever had the distinct displeasure of being in his perverse company.

8:30 AM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Patsy- A friend sent me a picture and post from Moonbattery blog site. It was taken at the U.S. embassy in Iraq, and kerry was sitting all alone except for 2 non-military types, the person who sent the picture said that he was ignored and shunned by our military. No one shook his hand, talked to him, he had to cancel a press conference because noone came to it...several things like that. He got to feel what it's like to be disrespected thoroughly!

tmw

9:14 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

TMW--HAHAHAHAHAHA THAT made my day!

And, Patsy, this is my house, so you can certainly call Jon Carry a traitorous piece of shit here! I LOATH the man.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2006/12/troops_fail_to.html

There's the link! HA!

There just aren't words to convey the depth of my contempt for that creature. He definitely isn't a man, and I doubt he's even human.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Oops. I broke the link up, as it appears to not have copied correctly.

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2006/12/
troops_fail_to.html

9:51 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I got it Brooke--and I hope it's SPREAD ALL OVER THE WEB--Thanks hon!

10:35 AM  
Blogger jasonbob said...

goyard handbags
stone island hoodie
kyrie 6
jordan shoes
balenciaga sneakers
jordan 11
golden goose outlet
kyrie irving shoes
jordan 13
birkin bag

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home