Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Most Beautiful Words I Have Ever Read...

"My Losing Season"

These words are from Pat Conroy's wonderful book 'My Losing Season' p.376 (linked on my sidebar). It is a book of such haunting beauty that I was sobbing on page four of the prologue--and I don't even like basketball!

His comments refer to his lack of service in Viet Nam--and all his war protests--when facing one of his old teammates who had served, and served his country so well. Mr. Conroy displays unstinting courage in facing who he was, and what he did.... and what, by his own admission, he should have done, all those years ago.

Please get this book and read it; never has a man bravely taken his own measure so completely.

3 Comments:

Blogger VerityINK said...

And, my goodness, what are we all doing up? It's only 3:30 a.m. here!

4:52 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

LOL! I forgot to put batteries in the clock--it's almost 5:30....heh he he...

5:23 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Beautiful words!

A little insomniac blogging?

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home