Friday, February 02, 2007

Do Not Use Mozilla's Firefox

Attention Bloggers:

I have just been spammed by the second smart-ass Mozilla blogger who does ads for them to make money for himself. I ask my blog family and my posters to NOT use Mozilla as a web browser. When they were re-doing our wiring , and we had to move to another apt. with a computer whose only browser was Mozilla, I almost had to stop blogging, it provided such a miserable experience.

It was slow; it took forever to format a post. The post would look fine on the paste-up page, but then, when it posted, something would be wrong with it. If I went back into the dashboard to fix that, I'd post--and then something else would be wrong. When I'd fix that, when it posted, something else would foul up. It would frequently take up to 20-30 tries to get a post formatted. It took all day to get 3 or 4 posts up--and they looked like hell. My readership dropped to one-tenth of what it had been; the time spent by each visitor dropped from 6 minutes to nearly zero.

Additionally, Firefox wouldn't space correctly. There would be a different number of spaces between a title and the body of a piece, between the paragraphs in a piece--and I often had to use html to get a break between paragraphs at all. It would post in the font in which the pieces were written. That meant I'd have a site with 20 different fonts--until my blog looked like a patchwork quilt.

Instead of normalizing the size of the type, it'd post huge headlines huge with no way to fix them. Headlines would be extra-small or extra-big. They wouldn't match the rest of the font size or style. The color was lousy and I had to install AOL just so I could change the color of the title. I couldn't use one-click editing--and it wouldn't even give me the little 'pencil' icon with which to do that!

In short, Mozilla was the worst browser I've ever used and under no circumstances would I recommend using it--especially if your house is at Blogger. Mozilla is an expensive waste of time--and it employs dishonest, rude, unprofessional advertisers that spam other sites and have the manners of hogs. I do not patronize such people, nor the things they ham-handedly attempt to sell.

I am happy to send this to the more than 30 friends and members of my blog family that are in my address book.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to use Mozilla to comment on a site I enjoyed, it NEVER worked, and I still couldn't comment! So I wouldn't use them on a million dollar bonus!

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take your advice, Donal. I hate rude people, advertisers, and lousy downloads!

4:01 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Bobcat-To say it stinks is being genteel!

tmw

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem Mrs.D. I think this is the same nimrod I told sometime back to get off this site. J'Mac.

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank Donal, I have seen ads for them and wondered if I should try it. Now I won't.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

A few sites I visit required using Firefox to access them. But not this one!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I usually use Safari to do my browsing, as it accesses everything quite nicely, and even has a built in spell checker!

Unfortunately, it does not support the "compose" feature in Blogger, so I have to use Firefox to actually make posts.

As soon as I'm done i switch back to Safari, though!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Oops. "I."

5:50 PM  
Blogger beakerkin said...

This is important information

6:04 PM  
Blogger (((Thought Criminal))) said...

I'm probably one of the few non-Microsoft employees in the world that swears by IE and Windows XP. No other browser and operating system I've tinkered with has been as easy to learn and customize.

I can't wait for Windows Vista!

:P

10:50 PM  
Blogger (((Thought Criminal))) said...

Brooke,

The problem is you use an Apple computer. Those aren't designed for anything besides holding doors open, and they're not very good at that either.

:P

10:52 PM  
Blogger (((Thought Criminal))) said...

(Okay, I'm lying. I wouldn't use an Apple for anything besides music production and editing. I'm just biased against computers that don't have much in the way of video games)

10:57 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

You guys are a RIOT!

4:47 AM  
Blogger Eyes said...

I've never even heard of it!

8:17 AM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Donal-You were right, one came over to my place and tried to comment. I'm about to put up a post addressing this! I went to moderation yesterday because a certain troll of a particularly noxious type is on his monthly full-moon prowl, so I caught this idjit too!

tmw

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home