Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Richard Armitage, Ingrate

Richard Armitage, Ingrate
By Rush Limbaugh

RUSH: Our friends at Power Line found this. They examined a letter that Paul Wolfowitz wrote to the judge in the Scooter Libby case trying to influence the judge, Scooter's good works, and get a reduced sentence. You have to hear this.

It's an excerpt from the letter that Paul Wolfowitz wrote to Judge Reggie Walton. "I also remember how Mr. Libby offered his services pro bono or at reduced costs..." he was a lawyer "... after he had returned to private law practice - to help former colleagues and friends with legal issues. In one case he helped a public official defend himself against libelous accusations, something that is extremely difficult to do for anyone in public office. The official in question was Richard Armitage..."

I got a chill up my spine when I read this today on the Power Line blog. "The official in question was Richard Armitage, who more recently served as Deputy Secretary of State." David Frum actually had this, too, at National Review Online. Armitage is the leaker. This investigation should have been shut down; it should have never started. The trial should have never started because Fitzfong had exactly what he needed before he even started this stuff. Armitage was the leaker. Armitage sat by and watched Scooter Libby twist in the wind, sits by now and does nothing to help him, and yet it was Libby who helped Armitage either pro bono or at reduced prices, reduced costs, defend himself against accusations of libel.

Man, that town, folks, is a cesspool of me-ism. This still burns me. By the way, the judge here, "I'm not inclined to let Scooter Libby stay outta jail during the appeal. The truth stands; the truth means something in my court." They've given his lawyers until tomorrow to file a brief making their case for Scooter to remain free on appeal. I don't know. I'm still steaming about it.

Please visit Rush Limbaugh's website: rushlimbaugh.com!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you turn on someone who was so honorable to help you pro bono? I think that "Richard Armitage, Ingrate" is The Best Title for this article. Can we put Armitage in jail for having a filthy heart?

10:50 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Good comment--and I agree!

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There outta be a law against people like Armitage. How dare he turn his back on Scooter. Call me a DittoHead but I am with Rush on this 100%

8:59 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

NASCAR--Considering what you wrote yesterday, I'm surprised your post would contain the word 'Rush'...

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home