Thursday, July 05, 2007

History Repeats Itself

Aiding and Abetting

The other night, I watched a movie called, "Flags Of Our Fathers." During the movie, I noted the radio personality "Tokyo Rose." She had the best music on her station during World War II and the Japanese used her broadcasts to demoralize the American forces.

Japanese psychological warfare experts developed a message they felt would work. They gave the script to their famous "Tokyo Rose"and every day she would broadcast this same message, packaged in different ways. The Japanese hoped it would ruin American GI's morale.

What was that demoralizing message? It had three mainpoints:

1. Your President is lying to you.

2. This war is illegal.

3. You cannot win the war.

Does this sound familiar today?

It is because we are being bombarded by 'Tokyo Hillary', 'Tokyo Harry', 'Tokyo Teddy', 'Tokyo Nancy', etc., and they have picked up the same message and are broadcasting it on Tokyo CNN, Tokyo ABC, Tokyo CBS, Tokyo NBC, etc. to our troops today? (The only difference is that they claim to support our troops before they demoralize them...)

Come to think of it, Tokyo Rose told the troops she was on their side, too!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My AUnt sent me this, but I do like to think I have some wit and perception, and I sure am patriotic, which is why I sent this around!

Glad you liked it, Donal......it's true, isn't it!!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Les Ismore said...

From the NYPost...
"Mr. Lieberman’s intransigence is a decided political liability – evidenced most startlingly by a recent poll that found that even 58 percent of Republicans in Iowa want a troop withdrawal in the next six months."

What's up with that? 58% of those Defeaticans want a withdrawl???

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do, too. I'd give ANYTHING to get ALL our troops out this afternoon. Who wouldn't?

But, tho I'm a jazz singer, I'm thinking teaching islamists (oops...we can't say that in England anymore, it hurts feelings..can we say it HERE? maybe for a while longer) to sing Kumbaya isn't going to be easy. "we're leaving, now YOU're going to leave us alone, RIGHT?"...kummmm ba yaaaaaa

And, of course, I'm smart enough to know what a message it'll send when the whole world sees America didn't have the stomach for fighting a war, standing up for the Iraqis hoping we stay, and it would be a shame for the 580 soldiers who just reupped this month alone. Average of 2000 a month, I"m hearing. Funny, they must know something we don't...in OUR media? ya think? Oh, and maybe it's that bonus we're paying them...who WOULDN"T die for money? RIGHT, les? (as if)

z

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I LOVE the Japanese/Tokyo Rose flag! Did you make that, Donal???

1:16 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Thank you, Bobcat! Yes, I DID make that one especially for ZinLA's piece--I thought It'd go nicely and do it justice...!

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donal, me thinks you're more the artist than you let on! I like the Tokyo Rose thing. Don't forget 'Axis Sally'' aka Mildred Gillars, she was a frowzy, frumpy looking blond(kinda like Cindy Sheehan") Think of her behind a swastika motif, ugh, kind of chilling. J'Mac

5:02 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Now you've got me blushing, J'mac! Wait until I get Photoshop!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home