Thursday, August 16, 2007

99% Are Leftists, Democrats, Libbies... Part I

It's Not Just Scott Beauchamp (I)
By Randall Hoven

Scott Beauchamp was the last straw. I realized that I need a scorecard to keep track of all the fallen journalists, journalistic mistakes and major and minor screw-ups in the media. I couldn't find one already made, although Wikipedia came close, so I started my own. I apologize if there is a good list already out there, but I looked and could not find.

Offenses include lying and fabricating, doctoring photos, plagiarism, conflicts of interest, falling for hoaxes, and overt bias. Some are hilarious, such as an action figure doll being mistaken for a real soldier. Some are silly, such as reporting on a baseball game watched on TV. Some are more serious.

I leave it to you to judge whether the internet damaged "journalism's ability to do its job professionally", as Marvin Kalb accuses, or if the internet has in fact helped expose an already damaged "profession".

I doubt if my list is comprehensive, but I think it's a good start. So that I'm not accused of plagiarism myself, I would like to give credit to Wikipedia for many of the entries on this list. And all the information below can be found with a little internet searching; I just could not find it all in one place. I do give at least one source for each item, embedded in the text.

more...

http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/08/its_not_just_scott_beauchamp.html

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Donal, this is very telling. And they dare accuse our side of rigging elections, having media working FOR us, and lying... sheesh!!

Lessy's going sidestep THIS one!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Les Ismore said...

Morgan, I completely agree with you. This guys is brilliant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I

Paste it and weep!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Les Ismore said...

Wow, Donal, you are making a HUGE leap there. Looking down that list I see wingnuts, rightwing hacks and organizations.

Sorry, a misleading headline doesnt sway everyone.

6:35 PM  
Blogger In Russet Shadows said...

Les, you would be on that list if you had the skills to fool more people.

7:00 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I said most. Please point out the obviously rightwingers on the list...

11:15 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

P.S. I'M not making the leap--these works can stand on their own 'merit'.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Les Ismore said...

Not on the list but how about Michelle Malkin and her little Jamil Hussein fiasco.

12:01 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I'll be interested to see any evidence you have...

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home