Friday, August 10, 2007

What Is Wrong With This Man???

Obama Argues for Civil Unions for Gays
NewsMax

Sen. Barack Obama said Thursday he wanted to tap into the "core decency" of Americans to fight discrimination against gays and lesbians, and argued that civil unions for same-sex couples wouldn't be a "lesser thing" than marriage.


At a televised forum focusing on gay rights, the Illinois senator was asked to explain how civil unions for same-sex couples could be the equivalent of marriage. He said, "As I've proposed it, it wouldn't be a lesser thing, from my perspective.

more...

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/8/9/221502.shtml?s=ic

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So "core decency" includes gay unions. THis is the new AMerica? I long for the old days when an uncle or aunt had a same sex 'friend' and lived a dignified life (no fishnet stockings in a gay parade, no insistance on more rights than straights)when nobody had to know what they were doing in the bedroom. Funny, every single gay person I know in LA (and my career in interior design, so I knew a few, trust me, plus I had a marvelous gay tennis coach who said I was the only student who ever asked if he was gay because he had mascara on his otherwise extremely macho handsome body and face...this was thirty years ago..he since died of AIDS)...Anyway, NOT ONE says they want marriage. Every one of them has told me over the years that that's a ploy by the extremists who get something out of whining and demanding to be recognized. Lately, a gay friend told me that the rights of marrieds can be attained simply in an office of law (hospital visitation, inheritance, etc.) and that screeching about unions protecting them is a ploy, too. I feel for gay people who want a place in society, but the gays I know sure had/have a nice one, they just don't need to scream about it. They have/had dignity. (i'm saying 'have' because 2 gay men couples died of old age, I knew them when they were elderly and adored them and miss them).

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bama will pander to anyone to get a vote or some bucks.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home