Tuesday, September 11, 2007

JOHNNYMAC: Requiem From My Heart

Requiem From My Heart

Here it is, six years on, and my heart is still broken, and the anger I feel has not lessened.

Since 9/11, we have seen the Bali, Madrid, and London bombings. Has the world forgotten that? Here in America, we have had the "Beltway Sniper''--a Muslim was behind that--a Bosnian Muslim shot and killed five Americans in a shopping mall in Salt Lake City, six Albanian Muslims in my home state of New Jersy attempted to attack Fort Dix, and four Muslims were recently arrested in a plot to attack Kennedy Airport in NY. Islam, the "Religion of Peace''!

We've had to endure CAIR, and numerous other Muslim loud-mouths--notably the six Imams-- taken off a domestic airliner, that speak of "Muslim persecution'', ''fear'', and ''hated'' directed toward their ''community''. Well, I haven't heard this same Muslim ''community'' apologize for 9/11!

Equally, there has been no shortage of home-grown malcontents and ''peace activists'' going on loud and long about America being to blame for what befell us that horrible morning. I don't know which I despise more, the ''peace activist'', who has grown healthy--and yet so full of hate at his own country, the freest nation on Earth--or the malignant, murderous 7th century ideology that was, and is, the locus of the threat we face.

It is Islam--not "radical Islam'' (as if this is different from ''moderate Islam!)--ALL Islam is a threat to us. The only difference between the two is that a radical Muslim will hijack the plane and smash it into a building. The moderate Muslim will sit back and watch it happen with no comment.

My thoughts today are a welter of sadness, anger, depression, and pride. Pride in my country because we're still here...'gave proof through the night that our flag was still there...'', pride in a President who saw the danger and acted, and pride in our young men and women who are serving to protect us and defeat this enemy. And they're doing that--despite what the Dems and the libs and lefties say.

What more moral bankruptcy can there be than for an American politican to be hopeful for the defeat of this nation? I don't know what the answers are, or what lies ahead, for this great nation, but I pray we will come through it--whatever it may be.

For today, however, I pray for the souls of all those who were lost. None of whom were known to me other than they were my fellow countrymen and women. I pray for my youngest brother, Patrick. He lives and works in New York as a gourmet chef. Prior to 9/11, he taught in a culinary school in NYC, teaching developmentally challenged adults the basics of banquet preparation and various other culinary skills. His students were all Hispanic and they loved him; he was their "Patrico''.

All his students, through a partnership with the state of NY, got jobs at The Skybox Cafe in the South Tower. My brother was even offered a plum job at the Cafe by the woman who ran the place. He declined. All his students were killed on 9/11. He told me some months ago,''At night, in my dreams, I see their faces''...

As for my own feelings on this sixth anniversery of 9/11: In the years after WWI, in France, a popular, sentimental postcard adorned the grave of many a French soldier. It read "Since your eyes were closed, mine have never ceased to cry''.

That's how I feel inside, today.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunningly beautiful, JMac.

No better requiem could be written.


Arnold

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Here it is, six years on, and my heart is still broken, and the anger I feel has not lessened."

J'Mac, I think you speak for all of us. We all have hurt and sad places from 9/11. I was so touched by your writing, and I, too, will pray for your brother Patrick.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH Johny

One can tell that all you had to do was listen to your heart and write what it tells you .

We accept this gift with gratitude.

batya

8:48 PM  
Blogger FairWitness said...

Oh, Johnny... how I've cried today, too. You are not alone. My heart is still broken too. I am still so angry, so bitter, so enraged, so ... very sad. I hate, loathe, despise with every breathe in my body the treasonous Democrats who want to cut and run just to please their foreign billionaire funder, George Soros. What WHORES they are. They should all be lined up against a wall and shot. They want Iraq's government to have more reconciliation. HA! We'd like that, right here at home in the USA, wouldn't we? What disgraces to our flag. Thank you for such a beautiful column. You are not alone my friend.

9:20 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Well and rightly said, my brother!

tmw

3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully written Johnny. You said it all man.

Morgan

3:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you all so much. Thank you Donal, thank you for all you do for all of us. J'Mac.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home