Tuesday, December 25, 2007

DU's 'Progressively' Blue Christmas

Man, This Christmas Is Depressing

It's bad enough that I don't have a job and live off SS now and am broke also my wife is disabled. But that's not the entire problem; we don't have anyone to buy presents for and don't need any ourselves. We are early boomers or should I say the doomed generation.

My mother passed a year ago in august 2006 and this is the second christmas without her which is still something that has not quite set in until these holidays arrive. I really don't know the source of the depression. I can't put my finger on it. I do know part is age and no job and no purpose and to find purpose in this day and age leaves me cold because, even if I could find a job, I have no interest in what's out there these days, most jobs seem well, just jobs.

Even with this said this year the holidays seem unbearable to me, not that I'm in a rush for the summer heat to rush in or the summer sun to shine, I'm not. There is just something missing, perhaps there is a male menopause, perhaps there is a death of spirit in me or brought on by this insane war on christmas and I'm not even religious. Perhaps it's 7 years of Bush and these coming too-soon debates and the 2008 elections when we just went through 2006 with high hopes crushed like a bug under the carpet. Perhaps it's all of the above and then some that I am not even aware of.

All I do know is this is the worst year of all. I went out to pickup all the stuff needed so my wife and I can put together her great cooking of christmas dinner. I was in a mood when I did this last thursday, I got gas, 5 gallons and saw the $17 and began yelling obscenities about Bush and this occupation and did not care who heard me. The store we use and called lied saying they had turkeys, they had a few for $2.59 per pound so I left that and only got the other stuff, as I walked to the register I yelled again, what a shitty store and did not care what anyone thought of me. I finally found a cheap bird and went home.

So here I sit in front of this computer which has now become my only contact to the outside world, pathetic I know. I never wanted a computer and never thought this is what I would come to. I never thought this country could become such a macabre of a joke.

So I am depressed as can be this year. (blues90)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2522670

I Used To Be A Teacher, So I Give Short Tests. Here's One For Xmas... Enjoy !

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one in giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally. No one else will know, so you won't be fooling anyone but yourself if you give anything but a truthful answer.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in whichyou will have to make a decision. Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous. Please read slowly and thoughtfully, giving due consideration to each line:

You are in Florida; Miami to be specific. There is chaos all around you, caused by a hurricane with severe flooding. This is a flood of biblical proportions. You are a photojournalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot career-making photos. There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing under the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.


Suddenly you see a man floundering in the water. He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken down with the debris. You move closer... somehow the man looks familiar. You suddenly realize who it is. It's George W. Bush, President of the United States! At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take him under... forever. You have two options-you can save the life of G.W. Bush, or you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the death of one of the world's most powerful men.

So here's the question, and please give an honest answer:

Would you select high contrast color film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white? (Stuart G)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=227x1510

Caroling For Social Justice

Toys For the World


Toys for the world are made by kids
And not by elves at all!
We work them night and day
For very little pay.
And tiny little hands
Make all our fav'rite brands
That fill up the shelves in every shopping mall.

Toys for the world that Santa brings
So our own kids can play
What's underneath your tree
Is our economy.
The little girls and boys
Who make our children's toys
Are not getting squat from us on Christmas Day!
They're not getting squat from us on Christmas Day!

Rest Easy Wealthy Gentlemen


Rest easy, wealthy gentlemen,
Let nothing make us sigh.
We give our workers tiny crumbs
So we can keep the pie.
We pay off politicians
So they bear our needs in mind
As they line up to kiss our fat behinds.
If they're inclined,
Oh, they line up to kiss our fat behinds!

Don't worry, wealthy gentlemen,
Let nothing make us twitch.
This new global economy's
Designed to keep us rich.
We ply our trade in many lands
Let all their leaders come
To bend down and kiss us on the bum.
There's a good chum.
Just bend down and kiss us on the bum!

Deck the Halls With Sweatshop Labor


Deck the halls with sweatshop labor
Fa la la la la, la la la la.
Wal-Mart is our local slaver
Fa la la la la, la la la la.
Workers there don't share the profits
Fa la la la la, la la la la.
The power to change is in your pockets
Fa la la la la, la la la la.

Tags will tell you where your bucks go
Fa la la la la, la la la la.
Rollbacks come from import cash flow
Fa la la la la, la la la la.
China sweats out clothes at high cost
Fa la la la la, la la la la.
US workers' jobs and pride lost
Fa la la la la, la la la la. (eridani)

more...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=114x31614

This is the most miserable, ungrateful, spiritually bankrupt group of people I have ever seen. (The comments under these posts are worse than the posts themselves...) DUers have no concept of gratitude or thanks--they don't even know what blessings are. Instead of feeling a duty to uplift America and inspire with decent hopes, wishes, and prayers, they post only ugliness, negative thoughts--and they trash America.

It wouldn't occur to them that Christmas is something enjoyable and a true celebration. They'd never think that the shopping and gift-giving they think is so 'greedy' and 'exploitative' is actually, for most of us, an expression of love--a commemoration of the gifts brought to the Christ child--and an acknowledgement of His tremendous gift and sacrifice to and for us. The fact that it also supports our economy, keeps millions employed, provides needed overtime for thousands of people--in addition to being a cultural reinforcement and tradition--is an added plus, something positive.

Pity that those at DU have such shallow, empty hearts--and have such a dim view of this great country. If I didn't have the mental and emotional wherewithal to boost myself out of their perpetual pity-party, I'd be terminally depressed and sniveling, too.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it intersting that the guy who is without a job and living on Social Security is able to sit at his computer and moan on as he does. His wife is disabled? How,why? Why no disability? And,since most of the DU'ers are the 25 to 35 age group, why isn't this bozo out looking for a job? I suspect alot of these ''stories'' on DU are just that,stories, made up bs. Cursing the darkness and never thinking to light a candle leaves one ,not only blind, but comfortable in the darkness. J'Mac.

8:44 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Yeah, when I went over there, such a litany of out-of-work, in pain, disabled, credit-card-maxed-out, 'outsourced', fired-on-Chritmas-Eve-people at DU you wouldn't believe!

One guy even said all he had to eat last week was a jar of bacon bits! LOL! One gal said she was 'poor' (but she was working on her Master's degree!)

These 'poor' babies don't KNOW what poor IS! They just know self-pity.

9:41 AM  
Blogger CHOMP said...

DUers sure know how to take the fun out of a good time! I would have a great Christmas without presents and without dinners just because I was with my loved family.

Merry Christmas All...
catfleas

8:56 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Heck, we didn't have presents this year, but we had a delicious dinner and each other! AND NO ARGUING, or moaning or pity parties...we have a house that is paid for, food to eat, clothes(and a washer, dryer, detergent and dryer sheets)to wear, running water, power, books, computers, pets and each other! We are doing well!
We can walk, talk, do chores, visit friends, talk on the phone, drive to the store, and do not have anything seriously wrong with us...we are doing well!
We have the Lord Jesus Christ in our lives, so we have everything AND more that we need! WE ARE DOING WELL!
Good morning, G*D bless and Maranatha! And hoping that all y'all had a very good Christmas!

tmw

4:41 AM  
Blogger Sonny Lykos said...

Unappreciative morons - all of them. No President can control the price of gasoline. No President can get a job for any citizen. No President can control the life of anyone

If these morons want a nanny state, all they have to do is vote for Hillary. Only then they will definitely lose - make that "vote" - away all control they have over their own lives.

Spoiled, whining, children.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home