Friday, December 14, 2007

The "Santa Claus Hates You" Shirt

Who Says There's Not A War On Christmas?
A Not-So-Merry Christmas

A not-so merry message on a Christmas T-shirt hit the shelves of a local store just in time for the holidays in Florida. The T-Shirt says, "Santa Claus Hates You," and it shows the usually jolly man giving a not-so jolly gesture.

WJXT's Jennifer Bauer went out to find out what shoppers thought about the shirt. "Santa Claus flicking me off, man. What can you do?" said one shopper.

The $28 shirt is on sale at Urban Outfitters. "It doesn't bother me because I really feel people are entitled to freedom of their opinion. I do think it maybe a little harsh for a child," said another shopper. "I don't like that shirt. I'm a child of the 60s, and I'm about as left as it gets, but I think that's in bad taste," a third shopper said.

While many shoppers seemed shocked by the T-shirt, some said they would buy the shirt as a gag gift.

http://www.local6.com/spotlight/14853575/detail.html

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is crass beyond belief! I'd like to see someone do the same at Ramadan with a "Mohammed hates you'' tee-shirt. This is disgusting. J'Mac.

4:02 PM  
Blogger CHOMP said...

J'Mac...you made a great point! The freedoms of America seem to be only for non-Muslims.

Whoever tries to sell or wear a shirt with Mohammed's name better have a secret hideout for the rest of his life!

catfleas

6:20 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Totally lacking in couth...that is where the '60's have brought us!
Good morning, G*D bless and Maranatha!

tmw

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home