Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Hillary’s Crocodile Tears in Connecticut

Hillary’s Crocodile Tears in Connecticut
By Jerry Zeifman

I have just seen Hillary Clinton and her former Yale law professor both in tears at a campaign rally here in my home state of Connecticut. Her tearful professor said how proud he was that his former student was likely to become our next President. Hillary responded in tears.

My own reaction was of regret that, when I terminated her employment on the Nixon impeachment staff, I had not reported her unethical practices to the appropriate bar associations.

Hillary as I knew her in 1974 At the time of Watergate I had overall supervisory authority over the House Judiciary Committee's Impeachment Inquiry staff that included Hillary Rodham-who was later to become First Lady in the Clinton White House. During that period I kept a private diary of the behind the scenes congressional activities. My original tape recordings of the diary and other materials related to the Nixon impeachment provided the basis for my prior book Without Honor and are now available for inspection in the George Washington University Library.

After President Nixon's resignation a young lawyer, who shared an office with Hillary, confided in me that he was dismayed by her erroneous legal opinions and efforts to deny Nixon representation by counsel-as well as an unwillingness to investigate Nixon. In my diary of August 12, 1974 I noted the following:

John Labovitz apologized to me for the fact that months ago he and Hillary had lied to me [to conceal rules changes and dilatory tactics.] Labovitz said, "That came from Yale." I said, "You mean Burke Marshall [Senator Ted Kennedy's chief political strategist, with whom Hillary regularly consulted in violation of House rules.] Labovitz said, "Yes." His apology was significant to me, not because it was a revelation but because of his contrition.

At that time Hillary Rodham was 27 years old. She had obtained a position on our committee staff through the political patronage of her former Yale law school professor Burke Marshall and Senator Ted Kennedy. Eventually, because of a number of her unethical practices I decided that I could not recommend her for any subsequent position of public or private trust.

more...

http://www.aim.org/aim-column/hillarys-crocodile-tears-in-connecticut/

13 Comments:

Blogger CHOMP said...

Let me be the first to comment on "crocodile tears." They are a crock! I'm sure Hillary's tears are well-timed to suit the occasion. I, for one, have not succumbed to her blubber-mania.

But we will be the ones crying if she becomes President.

8:15 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Why aren't I surprised?
Is it because she has exhibited a pattern of unethical behavior during all of her public life?
Good morning, G*D bless and Maranatha!

tmw

3:42 AM  
Blogger FairWitness said...

I wonder how many more people Hillary has disgusted and disappointed will come forward to reveal the truth about her. There have got to be hundreds of them. You cannot function like she has for entire life and not have legions of detractors. Intimates who know her true character, or lack thereof.

6:24 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I'm here, FW! ;-)

12:49 PM  
Blogger FairWitness said...

Hi all, just a note to let you know Donal's email is down. She doesn't know when it will be back up.

1:43 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

FW--I said I'm here (for as long as it lasts!)

1:57 PM  
Blogger FairWitness said...

Sorry there, dear. I was in the middle of typing that message when I got called into a conference call. When it was over, I realized I hadn't clicked publish. Then I read you're message. Duh....

2:27 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Don't worry about it--it's been one of those kind of days! ;-)

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to you DONAL we learn new things about Hillary every day. Now, the million dollar question is:

Will Barack beat her?

Morgan

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Medusa sheds tears. How sickening and pathetic. Good Lord, if this woman were to become President(Heaven forbid) is this going to be a staple of her administrative style, to cry? This is ''leadership'' and ''change''? Yeah, this is change alright, crying. Its a change from acting like an adult to acting like a child. Hey Hello Mrs.D! Thats why my e-mail to you came back. How are you doing? How did you Monday dentist appt. go? J'Mac.

5:35 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I think Obama has a good chance of beating her; he can pull voters from the ranks of youth who wouldn't ordinarily vote at all. Hillary can't do that.

J'MAC! Hi--I got the date messed up--it's next Mon. I go. Thank you for asking; you're awfully considerate!

Yes, we had high winds here somewhere and it must have jerked the cable loose from somewhere--we've been having very spotty cable service ever since Monday...

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, what a 'rotter' Hillary is!

12:08 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Galen--you make me laugh!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home