Thursday, January 25, 2007

EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE!

Take The Pledge: How Victory Trumps Party

Many Democrats are willing to encourage the enemy if it means hurting George W. Bush. They are willing to disregard the advice of the general they have just sent to do a mission if it serves their political purposes.

Chuck Hagel is thus far the only Republican to indicate that he is willing to issue the same encouragement to the enemy.

Senator Warner’s resolution has the same effect as Senator Biden’s. General Petraeus testified as to any resolution blasting the new strategy. Biden’s resolution blasts all of the strategy. Warner’s blasts the most important parts.

There is no meaningful difference in my eyes –or the eyes of General Petraeus, the MSM, or the eyes of the enemy—between the two resolutions.

Because the troops and the war trump any partisan calculation, I have helped organize a campaign to alert Republican senators that a vote for the Warner resolution, or any other similar resolution, is a deal breaker for me. I will not contribute to any senator who so votes, and I will not work for any senator who so votes.

Further, I will withhold all funds from the NRSC if the NRSC supports in the ’07-’08 cycle any Republican senator who voted for the Warner amendment.

I am not alone in this conviction, even though it may mean splitting with some friends, senators I have eagerly helped elect in the past with my time and treasure, and whom I know to be very good senators on almost all issues. At the web site
TheNRSCPledge.com more than 4,000 people signed the pledge of non-support for individual senators and the NRSC in the first six hours of its operation. Hundreds of bloggers have joined on as well. I expect the numbers to grow, and the memory of the votes of next week to remain strong for years to come.

There are two parties in the country –the victory party, and everybody else.


http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/HughHewitt/2007/01/25/take_the_pledge__how
_victory_trumps_party

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I signed it...

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God HH has got the balls to do something like this.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

although I do not consider myself a Republican, I have signed it, this also goes for me for any Democrat, I will not support anyone who is against the best chance for winning in Iraq, I'm disgusted with both parties right now!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck yeah I'll sign it, too.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Signed!

10:35 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Thank you, Brooke--you always do your part!

10:37 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Thank you, too Rob!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Eyes said...

Done:>)

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuck Hagel= "General Betrayus'' J'Mac

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just signed it too. No coincidences I'll tell ya'. Got home from work today and there was a letter from the NRC asking for donations and I wrote across the top of it;"Not another dime! You guys blwe it, Six years of a majority in both Houses and you squandered it by trying to play nice with Democrats. Start acting like conservatives and maybe I'll think about a donation''. There was acard in it from Congressman Tom Cole,the new chairman. Heres his phone#:202-479-7000. e-mail:chairman@nrcc.org. I'm going to call him and boy,this guy is going to get his ears pinned backed from the ol'J'Mac here. I'd suggest some of you do the same. Johnnymac

2:06 PM  
Blogger FLORIAN said...

Signed it! Though I didn't leave my blogroll since this could be a demcratic conspiracy to round up us right-wing bloggers and feed us to the jackasses.

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I signed this afternoon, Donal. Right after I received your email. Patsy

5:44 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Oh, thank you guys so much! You're top drawer!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Batya said...

There won't be a victory. It's impossible to change the Iraqis.

8:21 PM  
Blogger JINGOIST said...

I signed it and so did Nanette and some of our friends! Great idea there DONAL!

Morgan

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home