Sunday, January 28, 2007

Ugly Is As Ugly Does, John...

Interview With Conyers On Impeaching President Bush:

John Conyers, chair of the congressional Judiciary committee, is in the VIP area, backstage at the DC antiwar demonstration. He's surrounded by press, microphoness, cameras, digital recorders... Finally, there's an opening. I jump in, introduce myself and remind him that we met last June, and the circumstances. He remembers.

"There are a lot of progressives on our site who were angry, the day after the November election," I tell him. (You know who you are .) He smiles and says, "The day after... that soon? The new congress wasn't even sworn in until January.""Yep, the day after," I reply, adding, "They've been angry that impeachment is off the table."


He pauses, purses his lips, then nods his head, agreeing, saying, "They have lots of good reasons to be angry. But, you know, the presidential race is coming, in 2008.. and it's already 2007. If you know a way to take care of all the domestic issues, to successfully prepare to take the White House, to investigate and prosecute and impeach-- tell me..."

I replied, "Me, personally, I'm not worried about impeachment. I'm trusting you to pursue investigations that will turn up lots of dirt... You are starting them, aren't you?"Congressman Conyers replies that they've already set the gears in motion and they will be under way soon, and that he hopes to see new revelations uncovered, after years of coverups.

Then I continue, "I'm not worried about impeachment because I think that once your hearings start, you'll turn up stuff that will send the Republicans to the White House demanding that Bush and Cheney leave."He smiles, nods again and says, "That's been done before, you know. They did that with Nixon."

Then he introduces me to his communications direction. I introduce myself as the publisher of OpEdNews.com. He replies that he knows us well-- that they check Google alerts and we show up regularly. That is sweet news, confirming a suspicion I've had. And I'm guessing that if John Conyer's staff checks Google alerts, that all the congressional staffs do it.

That means that we in the progressive media, at least those spidered by Google news-- OpEdNEws, Buzzflash, Rawstory, truthout, counterpunch, tompaine, huffingtonpost (as compared to blogs and community blog sites, which are not spidered) are reaching the decision makers in congress. (not that the blogs are not also reaching them, but not through the Google alerts.) But back to John Conyers and our impeachment conversation...

In our conversation, Congressman Conyers held to his position on not pursuing impeachment directly. But, as far as I'm concerned, Conyers is doing the best thing he can do to stop Bush and Cheney and get rid of them. All good things come in time. He's proceeding to hold hearings with the hopes of digging up what it takes to take things to the next level. What's there to complain about?

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_rob_kall_070127_interview_with_john_.htm

We're at war and this is what those traitorous asswipes in Congress are doing. Charges need to be filed against them for trying to undermine the President in time of war.

5 Comments:

Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

undermining the President is their full time job!..sickening !

8:54 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Iknow, he makes me sick, too. I AM SORRY we cannot level charges at them--they deserve it!

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clueless, that's what all of these liberals are. What do they think will happen to them when this country is again assaulted by radical islam WHILE they're in charge? We Americans will have expected them to defend us against those attacks. when this happens to us, after they've failed to prevent it, we will expect them to retaliate against them and avenge our dead. When they fail to do so, they will be finished. How many Americans will die in the next assault? The blood of those Americans will be on the hands of the liberals in power who failed the electorate and the electorate who voted them into power.

10:20 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

It seems they will ALWAYS find a way to blame Bush. They, to themselves, are always sacrosanct...

1:30 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Patsy-For myself I'm expecting that if they gain the White House, we will be attacked and I will be ready to take care of myself and my teens and pets. I expect and will not even want the dhimmis to take care of me and mine! I don't want their filthy, stinking, thieving hands on me or mine!
EVER!

tmw

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home