Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Lynching Of the President

The Lynching of the President

So there I was, lying in my bed in Malibu with my dogs, watching Mr. Bush's State of the Union speech. I thought it was darned good. Realistic, gracious, modest, sensible. I happen to think we should get out of Iraq yesterday, but I thought Mr Bush put forward his case well. And Congress responded graciously and generously on both sides of the aisle.


Then, whaam, as soon as the speech was over, ABC was bashing him, telling us how pathetic he was, how irrelevant he was, how weak he was, how unrealistic he was.Right after that, Jim Webb gave a very short speech biting Bush's head off -- but not making any concrete proposals about anything. No network person mentioned how simple minded and unrealistic he was.

Then, tonight, the next night, I walked into the kitchen where my wife had left the radio going with NPR to amuse the cats. NPR was having a call-in show talking about the State of the Union. The first speaker I heard was a country music legend, Merle Haggard, who said he had never seen things so bad in this country. Then a legion of anonymous callers chimed in with similar thoughts.

And suddenly it hit me. The media is staging a coup against Mr. Bush. They cannot impeach him because he hasn't done anything illegal. But they can endlessly tell us what a loser he is and how out of touch he is (and I mean ENDLESSLY) and how he's just a vestigial organ on the body politic right now.

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=10928

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the media's well-known tactic - and also the left.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah they sure ARE trying to lynch him. Thnk God he's made of sterner stuff. I don't think they'll take him down.

9:31 AM  
Blogger beakerkin said...

Batya

If you read this the interview with the other Batya is taking place.

10:32 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Thanks, Beak--I'll have a look!

10:36 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Yes, Teller, you see what Rush had to say about it? Go to his site and have a look!

11:00 AM  
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

hey Donal!..thanks for stoppin by at my site..long time no see!..yes the leftstream Media will put the hate on the President and revel in our defeat..so sad!

11:54 AM  
Blogger JINGOIST said...

I've NEVER seen the MSM so horribly biased. It's worse than I ever thought it could get. The radicals are taking over in the news rooms.

Morgan

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Morgan, you are right. The MSM is more vicious than I've ever seen in entire life. And the Democrats are still in minority party mode, bashing Bush at every turn. Do they know they won???? If all they're going to do with new majority, it will be short-lived. Patsy

5:42 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I get scared when I see it. I'm surprised there's not assassination attempts...

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just what do you suppose MoveOn and the rest of the 'fine young cannibals'' who hate Bush are going to do with themselves when he leaves office? talk about crashing cold turkey. No more getting a fix and getting high on hating george Bush. A line from Edgar Allen Poe comes to my mind..''like the reveler waking from his opium dream..the hideous dropping of the vail..'' J'Mac.

5:55 PM  
Blogger JINGOIST said...

Which one of Poe's works was that JM? You really do have some length and breadth. When you're not retelling history, you're quoting Poe. You ARE the man, bad shoulder and all! :-)

Morgan

6:04 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Yes, I call J'MAC my site historian!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home