Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Border Patrol Agent Ignacio Ramos.

Report on My Visit Yesterday with Border Patrol Agent Ramos in Yazoo Federal Prison:
by Rep.Tom Tancredo

I want to give you a first-hand report of my trip yesterday to Yazoo Federal Prison in Jackson, Mississippi yesterday, to visit with persecuted Border Patrol Agent Ignacio Ramos.

As you know, Agent Ramos and his partner, Jose Alonso Compean, are serving long prison sentences for a border incident in which they wounded a illegal alien drug dealer they testified as being armed.

You've probably heard that Agent Ramos was badly beaten Saturday night in his prison cell.
I traveled to Jackson, Mississippi, yesterday to see for myself. And I learned many new horrifying details.


For one thing, his injuries were much more serious than have been reported. When I saw Ramos, I was literally astonished at the extent of the injuries on his body. Prison officials have been describing his injuries all week as "minor," but that clearly is not true.

In fact, Agent Ramos' bruises are deep and severe. His arm, chest and back are black and blue with broken blood vessels on his arm. Truthfully, it was a terrible sight.

Here's what Ramos told me directly. He was assaulted Saturday night by roughly a half-dozen inmates who recognized him from an episode of a TV show that aired shortly before 10 p.m. He was pulled from his cell, which remains unlocked until midnight. The attackers, who were wearing steel-toed boots, kicked Ramos repeatedly. He did not get to see a doctor until WEDNESDAY, FOUR DAYS AFTER THE BEATING!

Prison official moved Ramos to a special cell in near-solitary confinement, and I am working to get him transferred to a safer facility. Representatives of Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, of California, visited Yazoo Prison with me yesterday. When we asked to see photographs of Ramos as he appeared immediately after the beating, prison officials refused.

Federal prosecutors threw these Border Agents in prison while a Illegal Alien drug dealer walks free. And now, one of the agents is attacked viciously. WHERE IS THE JUSTICE!

My friends, I want to challenge you to do something in response to the report you're reading here.
I want you to go consider writing a card or letter of encouragement to Border Patrol Agent Ignacio Ramos, now trying to recover in Yazoo Federal Prison. It's truly the very least we can do for him.


Please Cick Here For Instructions on how to send them a letter of support.

When Agents Ramos and Campeon were thrown into prison for over a decade apiece, what were the other Republican Presidential hopefuls doing?

This was thankfully brought to us by dear Batya!

We also need to write our representatives, folks. This is nothing but damned nonsense--this man, and perhaps Jose Alonso Compean, is in grave danger and is just being sacrificed. We need to do all we can!

6 Comments:

Blogger JINGOIST said...

Good to see you back DONAL! I hope you're feeling human again. This has been my #1 issue for a while now. Thanks for making it top choice!

Morgan

6:14 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Yeah, it's had me so upset, sometimes I can't even deal with it. Now, I'm not going to campaign for Tancredo (because this is not a campaign site and/or I haven't declared anyway)--which is how some of this info came to me--but I admire his work on behalf of these men and I'll gladly post that!

6:50 PM  
Blogger JINGOIST said...

Tom is a hell of a man, and if he were to declare his candidacy I'd send him some money. I wish Newt would get in.

Morgan

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank so much Donal.
We need to raise hell about these men ,HELL!


They need to go home and we need to look into what happened to justice in America.

Send the guys home !

batya

10:06 PM  
Blogger Eyes said...

Will send a card:>D and another email to Pres B.

3:02 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

EYES--You are a GREAT gal! You and Brookie always do your part and more! Of course, TMW, is our stalwart--and Batya and I are sis!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home