Sunday, March 11, 2007

Montel Does A Number On the Troops

Montel Does A Number On the Troops

Early this week, I received what seemed like a cool chance of a lifetime. Our family support center had received an invitation from the Montel Williams Show to participate in the audience of a program about deployments and the effect that it has on military families.

As any military family knows, there is often a great gulf between what we experience and what the public sees. We keep a lot to ourselves. There is much that is difficult, and yet we don't discuss it outside military circles because it is often taken the wrong way in sound bites. The chance to discuss the situation in a forum that allowed explanation was priceless, and I jumped at the chance to be an ambassador for the military spouse community.

This is not what happened. And I got yet another abject lesson in why it is so hard for military people to trust anyone who thrusts a microphone at them while tape is rolling.

more...

I found this story over on MilBlogs--and it's outrageous. Please go there and read the rest.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am at a loss for words, for once.

batya

2:26 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

So typical of the leftarded, anti-soldier agenda.

What a scumbag.

3:13 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

And the thing that's sickening is that Montel WAS in the service! Now, it seems he's just a whore...

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never watch the talk shows. Now, I see my dcision was a good one.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home