Saturday, April 21, 2007

Blue Angels Jet Crashes, Killing Pilot in South Carolina

Blue Angels Jet Crashes, Killing Pilot in South Carolina
By Fox News

A Navy F-18 Blue Angel plane crashed during an air show Saturday, plunging into a small neighborhood of homes and trailers and killing the pilot.

Witnesses said the planes were flying in formation during the show at the Marine Corps Air Station and one dropped below the trees and apparently crashed, sending up clouds of smoke.

Raymond Voegeli, a plumber, was backing out of a driveway when the plane ripped through a grove of nearby pine trees, dousing his truck in flames and debris.

"It was just a big fireball coming at me," said Voegeli, 37. "It was just taking pine trees and just clipping them."

He said wreckage hit "plenty of houses and mobile homes." Other witnesses said metal and plastic, some of it on fire, peppered the neighborhood and that one mobile home was destroyed. The witnesses were unsure whether that home was occupied.

John Sauls, who lives near the crash site, said the planes were banking back and forth before one disappeared, and a plume of smoke shot up.

"It's one of those surreal moments when you go, 'No, I didn't just see what I saw,' " Sauls said.

more...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,267681,00.html

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

G-d bless that pilot's brave soul. They do a lot of low and slow maneuvers because they look more spectacular and don't shake the dishes nearly as bad. The problem with that is you're left with zero room for mechanical error. If you have an engine problem at the low and slow turn there may not even be time to eject! It's also possible he hung in there to keep his plane from directly taking out a house.

These guys have big brass ones and they're all heros. G-d bless and keep this pilot's brave soul.

Morgan

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just heard this story this morning. How tragic. God bless this Marine and his surviving loved ones. J'Mac.

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Morgan, how are you? I left a voice message on your phone last week. Hows things, are you working hard? I sure am. Johnnymac

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johnny I got your message homeboy! Thanks for calling, I'm glad you like your job and they're keeping you busy. You know what they say about idle hands.... that's right, they will eventually crack a book!

I've been working CRAZY hours. It's been about 10-11 hours a day and I think I'm coming down with something. I'm seriously achy and congested. We've had cool and sunny weather so how can I possibly complain? I'll give you a call tomorrow AM. Take care bubba.

Morgan

6:36 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Hi, folks, I have really bad pneumonia; doc wants to drain a lung. I'm absolutely infested and have such a hard time taking antibiotics... don't know what the hell to do. I'm hanging in there, but Paul's about at the end of his rope. I don't know what to do. My health plan is going to assign me a doc real soon--a permanent one--so maybe I'll stop getting hopscotch care...

8:53 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Oh Sweetie, why didn't you let me know! I'll put you on the prayer chain! Was praying for you, will redouble efforts!
Love y'a!
Good morning, G*D bless and Maranatha!

tmw
And poor Paul and Sis too!

3:39 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Thanks, TMW--I knew you were! (wink)

8:30 AM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

coach outlet
michael kors outlet
fitflops
skechers shoes
ed hardy uk
ecco outlet
ugg boots
nike shoes
ugg boots
michael kors uk
2017.8.19

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home