Friday, May 11, 2007

Did Dean Order Sebelius To Lie About Kansas FEMA Response?

Did Dean Order Sebelius To Lie About Kansas FEMA Response?
HotAir.com

XM Radio’s Quinn & Rose made the allegation that DNC Chairman Howard Dean called Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius early Sunday morning and instructed her not to request federal assistance in recovery from the Greensburg tornado, and to lie about the federal response to date, on their show, The War Room, today. After I discussed the story via phone with both Quinn and Rose today, here’s what they sent me:

PLEASE NOTE: The following is information we have received from a reliable source. We have never been misinformed by this person in the past.

It seems that, on Sunday, a few hours after Kansas Governor, Kathleen Sebelius, made her remarks about Bush sending all their National Guard Members and Resources to Iraq, she made a call to Brownback

Sebelius, was calling to apologize to the Senator for making the Political statements that she did. She explained that she did not believe them and that they actually had too many National Guardsmen show up.

Governor Sebelius explained “Sam, you know how political everything is right now and we’re not allowed to let an opportunity like this just pass.” She continued “I made sure not to blame you or Pat (Senator Roberts?) or anybody outside the White House. With his (Bush’s) numbers, you can’t really blame me for usin’ that.”

Then Sebelius explained the path to her comments. After Brownback told her that he was very disappointed in her, She pleaded “You know me Sam, I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t have to.” She declared “Howard (Dean) called me around 5 o’clock (in the morning) and told me not to ask The White House for any help or make any statements until I heard back. Dick (Durban?) called me an hour or 2 later and that’s when he told me we needed to use this ‘n’ said to talk about the Guard all bein’ at war.”

She then explained the thinking; “Speaker and Harry got so much heat on them from both sides over this damn war, ‘n’ they need to get the press on somethin’ else. I didn’t think it was right to use it like this either, but I didn’t see’s I had much choice in this climate, Sam.”

She the[n] apologized a few more times and promised that she’d try to move away from the comment when she and Brownback were to meet up later and tour the damage, but she had to so it without disappointing Dean and Pelosi.

more...

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/05/10/did-howard-dean-order-ks-gov-to-lie-about-femas-response-to-the-greensburg-tornado/

Very interesting. Please go to the link provided and read about this entire incident; it's a little too real-sounding...

14 Comments:

Blogger VerityINK said...

Back to the swamp, Duck Crap--I knew it was you by the blank avatar--I figured you'd pull that soon. You never fail to disappoint.

9:53 AM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Pathetic swine to play politics over peoples bodies and destroyed lives!
Sick!
Sorry I haven't been around, been dealing with a sick troll at Farmer John's and Nanc's! Mouthy too!

tmw

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TMW, I always thought you had more sense than to believe this kind of thing. I hope you bothered to read the article. It is obvious that one radio hate-monger made the entire thing up.
Sad that you of all people TMW would fall for this sort of nonsense.

1:41 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

LIM--Please don't insult my commenters--least of all my spiritual sister, TMW. Call what you disagree with wrong, but don't wonder about her good sense.

3:42 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

les-The very fact that wheither true or false it's believable says something about the dhimmicrats that I don't like. And I don't listen to talk radio. And I'm not a republican.

tmw
Donal, you is a schweetie!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tmw,
So you are saying the very fact that it is probably false, it doesnt matter. By the way it is proven false by every party (read the link).
I find that line of reasoning to be simply incredible from someone who usually has well reasoned and thought out posts.
I'm astonished to say the least that our discourse has come to saying essentially that "I know it is false but heck if I am expected to believe it to be true, then it must be."
Donal, you insult your readers by posting such rubbish.

9:17 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

les-What I meant was, if it strikes the majority, or a large number, of people as plausible...the dhimmicrats have a problem! And that is that they HAVE played politics over dead bodies before, so if they do it again, they have a massive credibility problem. That can be exploited in yhe here and now AND again in the future!
The only democrat I listen to is no longer a dhimmi, so I would say that the dhimmis have a problem with exploitation and truth.
Good morning, G*D bless and Maranatha!

tmw
To make it simpler, it's easier to believe a habitual liar is lying, than to believe they are telling the truth!

4:50 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

To make it simpler, it's easier to believe a habitual liar is lying, than to believe they are telling the truth!

EXACTLY! And LIM, for your information, posting this DOES NOT 'insult my readers'. If you'll bother to go back to the original post, I did not post this as something definitely true, I ASKED A QUESTION ABOUT WHETHER IT WAS TRUE OR NOT.

And, yes, I tend to believe it--because the Democrat party would easily lie simply to get ahead.

Again, and I don't know why I have to keep repeating myself here, Les, do NOT insult my long-term posters. Do not refer to THEIR personal character, comment on the truth or untruth of their arguments only.

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds about right to me. That conversation sounds pretty true-to-life...

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is no Democrat sreaming for Sebelius's phone records?

Wouldn't that immediately clear up the controversy? Or does it take this long to manufacture them?

7:21 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Day--Good point! Them Dems should, indeed, be the first ones to parade her phone records about.

Funny that they are not...

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a single person in this story even believes this so why should anyone provide phone records? Read the article. Everyone disavows this even the author... So funny.

By the way:
The following is information we have received from a reliable source. We have never been misinformed by this person in the past.

Dick Cheney is talking on the phone to Iran to arrange construction contracts with their government. Suspiciously he wont provide any phone records to prove this false.

It's easier to believe a habitual liar is lying, than to believe they are telling the truth!

So come on President Cheney, Man UP! Lets see those phone records. What are you hiding?

Bwwahhhaaaaaa!!!!!!!

3:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh, I just hate facts;

Not long after that meeting, all 50 U.S. governors—the commanders in chief of their states' National Guards—signed a letter to President Bush imploring him to immediately begin reoutfitting their depleted National Guards. But little changed, and the Guard now has only 56 percent of its required equipment, the lowest level in nearly six years, according to the Government Accountability Office.

And here is the link from a REAL news organization.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-070513govs-guard-story,1,3999163.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

I know, I know,... we dont need no stinking facts!

bwwahhaahhahhhahaaa!!!!!!

4:13 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

LIM--I asked a QUESTION of whether it was true or not--I did not declare it as a definitive statement. Learn how to read, 'kay?

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home