Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Rev. Jerry Falwell Has Passed Away At 73

Rev. Jerry Falwell Has Passed Away
Breitbart

A Liberty University executive says the Rev. Jerry Falwell has died.


Falwell was hospitalized in "gravely serious" condition after being found unconscious Tuesday in his office at Liberty University, a school executive said earlier.
Ron Godwin, the university's executive vice president, said Falwell, 73, was found unresponsive around 10:45 a.m. and taken to Lynchburg General Hospital. Godwin said he was not sure what caused the collapse, but he said Falwell "has a history of heart challenges."

"I had breakfast with him, and he was fine at breakfast," Godwin said. "He went to his office, I went to mine, and they found him unresponsive."

Falwell, a television evangelist who founded the Moral Majority, became the face of the religious right in the 1980s. He later founded the conservative Liberty University and serves as its president.

Falwell survived two serious health scares in early 2005. He was hospitalized for two weeks with what was described as a viral infection, then was hospitalized again a few weeks later after going into respiratory arrest. Later that year, doctors found a 70 percent blockage in an artery, which they opened with stents.

Liberty University's commencement is scheduled for Saturday, with former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich as the featured speaker.

8 Comments:

Blogger VerityINK said...

I know I don't have to say this to my blog family members, but , for all you Leftists out there, I ask that you not make any disparging remarks under the man's obit.

Time enough for a critique of his policies on another day. In the name of decency, I do not allow negative comments the same day an obituary is posted.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerry Falwell just passed away. May he rest in peace.

But quick, go to DU and see if you can get some 'man on the street' quotes!

11:01 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

ANON.--You can keep your snide comments to yourself. I'm sure, without even checking, that DU is having a party over his death.

11:02 AM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

I didn't always agree with him, but I don't believe G*D said, "Who are you?", to him either! And that is the important part!
He helped wake Christians up from their slumber, and that was a good thing!

tmw
My prayers with his family, he went out doing his job! We should all be so faithful!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G-d bless Jerry Fallwell. May he rest in peace and his soul dwell alongside the Almighty. We didn't agree on religious doctrine, but he was always a G-d fearing, unapologetic conservative patriot.

Go with G-d Jerry!

Morgan

1:52 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Yep, I disagreed with many of the things he said and believed in, but I wish him Godspeed to his final reward!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

R.I.P. Reverend Falwell!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless him... I'm glad he didn't suffer though I did not always agree with him.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home