Thursday, July 19, 2007

DU's Weekly Whine-Fest...

FROM DU: Do You Ever Get the Feeling You Don't Belong In "This" World Now?

I was thinking today how very different our world is in the last 10 yrs. I feel a smothering feeling most of the time. The idea of "freedom" seems to be just that....an idea. I do NOT feel free, quite the contrary, I feel caged. I am not suicidal (yet), but this is a sinking feeling I just can't shake....sense something BIG (& bad) is on the horizon. Is this the price of knowledge & thinking? Ignorance is bliss. Maybe I'd be better off if I was a bubblehead.Anyone else have this same "sense"? (southerncrone)

DUers Chime In:


--How has your 'loss of country' affected you?

--No, I am not suffering like many are. Much better off than MOST in this country, but my concern is not just for myself. Herein lies the crux of my disillusionment. Hard to function in a space where selfishness, rudeness, & grotesque consumption are the norm. I miss kindness & cooperation. Just going thru a "phase" I suppose, our world is so f***ed up now because of a selfish, spoiled, arrogant brat. It just pisses me off.


--It's not easy, certainly. It downright maddening at times. At times, I want to scream (and I often do, if I see Chimpy on the teevee). At times, I feel hopeless and helpless. But there is something in me that says, "Don't let the bastards win!" So, I keep fighting, even when it seems hopeless and useless.

--I've felt caged all my life and I sense a great liberation coming, at a terrible cost.

--Certainly hope it's a liberation. The great cost I definitely feel! I feel a very deep sorrow. My country is gone; we may not ever get back anything CLOSE to being as good as we had it in the past. There is the sense of having been CONQUERED by a large beast.

--I would have like to have known that country, but I was born in 1974. My memory is entirely of a country descending into Fascism.

--I feel guilty pining away like this when I know there are so many who are in worse shape than I, but their pain is part of what is making me feel this way. Our country use to be so much better than this.

--Patience has never been my strength, I just want this nightmare to end NOW! In that I know I'm not alone.

--I coined a phrase about ten years ago that pretty much describes my state. "I'm somewhere between homicide and suicide" I know it sounds a bit dark, but it pretty well catches the mood that goes from rage to despair. It's not a fun world to live in most days, but I'll keep kickin' till they take me out.

--Bingo. That's exactly how I feel! I ain't dead yet, but feel "kicked in the stomach" most of the time. These neocons are smothering us, we MUST get rid of them.

--I went to a family get together the other night -- one that I had looked forward to. Within an hour, I was so uncomfortable because of the inane conversations that paled in comparison to what I feel are more important issues of the day. I wanted to leave and had a very difficult time concentrating on small talk.

--Loss of patience w/the pettiness of "avg America" is a major contributor to this feeling. I find I just don't want to interact w/@80% of the people I encounter. Clueless, igmos. My tolerance for the ignorant is evaporating, & there seem to be sooooo many of them!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x1375322#1375370

These poor, disillusioned babies! Here, they live in the best country on earth and all they can do is 'poor me' and 'poor mouth' everything in sight! Bless their sanctimonious little hearts--thinking they're SO much smarter, so much BETTER, than everyone else! I'd love to ask 'em, 'thinking rarified thoughts, are you?' You're going to save the world for you and yours if we'd only get out of the way? What absolute nonsense!

The d'RATS can take every bad mood and negative thought they've ever had about this country and STUFF 'em. They are spoiled rotten, don't know what a good thing they've always had, and haven't got a clue how blessed our lives really are (and who blessed them!)


I think it's a sin--yes, a SIN--to so conspicuously wallow in depression and self-pity--especially when circumstances do not warrant it. These people have never spent a truly hard day in their lives; people who have know the difference!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feeling sorry for themselves is right!

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phandancer

You would think that society HAD collapsed and Monarchy was the order of the day by listening to these chicken littles.


I had a boss tell me once, 'never bring me a problem unless you have a solution'. Sadly, these 'progressives' can only complain - they do not offer solutions.

That was the best professional or life advice I have ever gotten.

DU is going to be filled with tin hat theories of Constitutional suspension and the acsension of King George in the coming months.


This will be fun to watch.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More proof that DU is a circle jerk for the chronic whiners of America.

They'd complain about Paradise.

I tell you what these idiots need. They need to work on a farm or ranch for a year. I doubt a single one of these spoiled cry babies has done a decent day's work ever.

They're so damn lazy they'll soon demand Nintendo produce a game console that plays itself -- that way they don't even have to move their fingers.

Moonbats. If you believe what they believe, which is mostly nothing, you'd be paranoid and depressed, too.

If I were a physician, I'd prescribe a strong laxative but then there might be nothing left of them afterwards.

Arnold

7:42 AM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Prairieson-I'm very sorry about your sister. Do the doctors know what happened?
My prayers are with your family!

tmw

9:08 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I remember my first job after high school... I had to walk a mile to the bus stop at 4:30 a.m. so I could get to the nursing home by 5:30, then I washed 300 place settings of dishes and trays by hand twice a day, 600 glasses and cups twice a day stooped over a hot elbow-deep sink, filled trays for those who ate in their rooms, served breakfast and lunch to 50 residents, and cleaned in the diningroom. All for $2.40 an hour and days off together only once a month, 25 minutes for lunch...

Yeah, life's so much worse than that now...riiiiight.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words, tmw.

She developed pneumonia, did not go to the doctor, wound up in the hospital and caught one of those superbugs they have in hospitals. Her organs simply gave out. Too many die of that in the US now and I hope the medical profession will work hard on getting a handle on these new drug-resistant infections.

Again, thank you for your kind words.

Arnold

10:57 AM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Arnold-I am so sorry. I learned a long time ago not to let my sinus infections take hold, here I was a mother of 2 little ones, 1 car and hubby about 20 miles away and I had pneumonitis. I decided martyring myself was NOT the way to go! But I can understand her not wanting to take care of herself, you get busy and think I can't afford to go to the doctor. It can blindside you!
Those superbugs are a nightmare in waitting!
Why doctors persisted in using antibiotics for viruses got us into this situation!
Again my sympathies, it was no way to go.

tmw

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Nearly six years after the Sept. 11 attacks, the hundreds of billions of dollars and thousands of lives expended in the name of the war on terror pose a single, insistent question: Are we safer?

"On Tuesday, in a dark and strikingly candid two pages, the nation's intelligence agencies offered an implicit answer, and it was not encouraging. In many respects, the National Intelligence Estimate suggests, the threat of terrorist violence against the United States is growing worse, fueled by the Iraq war and spreading Islamic extremism."

1:11 PM  
Blogger In Russet Shadows said...

Note the sad little troll trying to change the topic. Liberals are so predictable that you could code them. I should whip up a PERL script that emulates a liberal's thought process and see how many people I can fool by having it post random sentences on leftist sites.

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's another question:

How would a REAL 'loss of country' affect you, chump? How's about we turn out backs from jihadists and you really lose your country......surprise!

think, people.....you whiny nothings. You perfect example of the American university system at work. scum.

As for 'anonymous'? Imagine if we hadn't dried up funds of jihadists all these years, or if we'd not gone into Afghanistan and IRaq.....THINK, you poor thing...of course we have cells here, of course they're eager to kill us...........that mean all that money spent fighting them is wrong? Man. I'd say 'go back to school', but you'd only learn more idiocies.

2:50 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Les Ismore is 'Anonymous'... I have seen many places where the d'RATTERS say they would'nt like Bush even if he discovered the cure for cancer... so this is all poor me and Bush Derangement Syndrome...

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, please Mr. Shadows, don't use your super-duper PERL skills on us.

We shake at your computer mastery!


As an aside, I just wonder why you open yourself to such mockery.

3:11 AM  
Blogger In Russet Shadows said...

"Open myself up to such mockery"? Generally speaking, people open themselves up when they have no fear of attack, or they find their attacks humorous and ineffectual.

Your "mockery" fits both such cases. Not only do you not frighten me, but I find you laughable and altogether childish.

Just look at the substance of your "mockery". That's the kind of thing that people said in the third grade. You recycle it here and expect anyone to be impressed? That itself is jaw-droppingly hilarious.

You are a self-parody.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home