Thursday, March 27, 2008

Court: Mumia Deserves New Hearing

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Court: Mumia Deserves New Hearing
By Kathy Matheson

A federal appeals court on Thursday said former Black Panther Mumia Abu-Jamal cannot be executed for murdering a Philadelphia police officer without a new penalty hearing.

The 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld Abu-Jamal's conviction, but said he should get a new sentencing hearing because of flawed jury instructions. If prosecutors don't want to give him a new death penalty hearing, Abu-Jamal would be sentenced automatically to life in prison.
Prosecutors are weighing their options, Assistant District Attorney Hugh Burns Jr. said Thursday.

Abu-Jamal's lead attorney, Robert R. Bryan, said he was glad the court did not uphold the death sentence, and said he wants a new trial.

"I've never seen a case as permeated and riddled with racism as this one," Bryan said Thursday. "I want a new trial and I want him free. His conviction was a travesty of justice."

more...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8VLSNT00&show_article=1&image=large

Photobucket

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This little racist black dirtbag has lived far too long. He needs to be gone. J'Mac.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The very fact that Mumia is still drawing breath and eating up tax dollars bothers me to NO end! I'm with Johnny and I'm sure he'd volunteer to be on the firing squad with me. :-)

Morgan

4:40 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

The racist and murderer in this little stage play is mumia himself...no other!
He does NOT deserve to waste more of our time and money with even a new sentensing hearing! He was found guilty and sentenced to death.
"Justice deferred is justice denied."

tmw

5:21 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Hell, I'd be applauding from the stands (if I was a good enough shot myself!)

Please, guys, I've got Officer Faulkner's widow's book on my sidebar. If you can, get it and read it--it's wonderful. Morgan, put it on your sidebar, if you can!

How anyone can have the least shred of sympathy for Mumia after reading it, is beyond the beyonds...!

5:23 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

TMW--You're right; all that execrable, I-hate-to-call-him-human, piece o' workhas gotten is crappy, PC, bleeding-heart-Dem, mollycoddling!

5:26 PM  
Blogger CHOMP said...

I agree with all of you! Why is this guy still alive??? He should have been "disposed" of a long time ago, and dropped at the city dump.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta agree with you there. He is guilty. It is shameful that the fact that he is so eloquent makes some folks believe he couldnt do it. I have followed this case since it happened and he is guilty and needs to be dealt with.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home