Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Saddest, Ugliest Post I've Ever Read: MY RESPONSE

FROM DU: Isreal, Isreal, Isreal...Why Should I Care?

It's mentioned on the news alot.....

None of my relatives come from there. I'm not Jewish or Palestinian.

I don't trade with them/they don't trade with me.

I barely know where it even IS.

Oh, my Lord & Savior was "born there" (am I really sure of that 'fact'?)

You want me to send my precious child over there to Isreal to 'serve'? Why?

Who are these people? What is this place ~ Isreal ~ anyway? ("Mind_your_head")

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x1904442

This idiot says he intentionally misspelled the name of " Israel"... Well, isn't that just in keeping with the rest of what he wrote and the level of his intellect--'I barely know where it EVEN is', indeed! I am absolutely appalled.

I don't care that I am not Jewish. I don't care that I was not born in Israel. I don't care if I deal in commerce with them, or them with me. I do not care that their religion is different than mine--and, yes, I sure as hell DO know exactly where it is, AND the Jezreel Valley, Mar Saba, the Judean Desert, Phoenicia, King Solomon's Mines, Masada, Emperor Justinian's St. Catherines', the oldest Synagogue at Beni Ezra, the Rabbi's tombs in Tiberias--and lots of other things which with this dope should have a nodding acquaintance...

And, YES, if I were blessed with a precious child, I would certainly send him 'over there' to defend Israel. Indeed, he would be raised with that firmly planted in his mind and heart as his DUTY--and he would do it.

Why? One, because Israel would do it for us, and they are our good allies. We don't have to agree with every single decision they make for themselves to know that, or have it be true.

Second--and mostly--because it is the right thing to do. There are things and people and principles that are larger than ourselves and what we can think of and consider. Things that have always been here--and it is right that they are here and are a part of our world--and they must remain so. They are a part of me, and I am a part of them--and it does not matter that I am not Jewish, and wasn't born there, and don't go to temple.

I know that what and who they are flows in MY veins. Their religion is in me, too, part of my life, my world--what I think, how my mind and heart and laws and sense of right and wrong is ordered. I don't need to be Jewish to know that. (How stupid do you have to be to NOT be aware of those things???)

And I'm sure the day I die--without ever seeing the beautiful state of Israel, and without ever having been inside a temple, or eaten a kreplach, or decorated my house for Shavuoth, or covered my mirrors in death--a part of those people will die with me, as I die with each one of them. Having thus shared our life and death SO closely together, how can anyone say we were ever, ever apart?

8 Comments:

Blogger The Merry Widow said...

AMEN!
Good morning, G*D bless and Maranatha!

tmw

3:31 AM  
Blogger nanc said...

oh, but they will know who israel is before the end. they will mourn their stupidity and the smoke of their torment will rise forever for how they've treated the pupil of G-d's eye.

my heart breaks, again.

morning donal.

4:23 AM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

It'll give them a bad case of "heartburn"!

tmw

7:06 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Good morning, Ladies! TMW, what does 'Maranatha' mean?

11:53 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Where's the fellows this fine morning?

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I've always said,God bless Israel''. No one else will. Except here,that is! J'Mac.

4:37 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Maranatha comes from the Greek, it means "Lord,come!" With what is going on in the world...Matt 24 all over the place! It's a cry saying I'm ready to leave anytime You show up! Help?

tmw

3:10 AM  
Blogger chenlili said...

2016-4-27 xiaobao
michael kors outlet online
coach outlet online
true religion
jordan 11s
cheap jordan shoes
nike sb shoes
louis vuitton handbags
oakley outlet
kate spade
michael kors outlet
nike basketball shoes
louis vuitton
nike running shoes
coach outlet store online
nike free run
michael kors outlet
gucci outlet
nike outlet
michael kors outlet
ray ban uk
louis vuitton handbags
christian louboutin outlet
cheap oakley sunglasses
coach outlet
toms
coach outlet
nike sb
michael kors handbags
coach outlet online
timberland outlet
tiffany and co
nike roshe runs
michael kors handbags
tiffany jewelry
louis vuitton bags
michael kors canada outlet
north face outlet
toms outlet
louboutin pas cher
coach outlet

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home