Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Buck Up and Show Courage Under Fire!

Whittle's Words Of Hope and Cheer

My friends, this is time to make a choice. We have suffered a very large defeat tonight, and there is nothing now that we can do about that except decide on how we wish to face it. We have been given an opportunity to show what losing with honor should look like.

Do not wail and cry. Do not shout CHEATERS! or whine about media coverage. And most especially do not blame the American people. They are not idiots and they are not sheep. Iraq is not lost, the War on Terror goes on and despite what you may be feeling right now, there will not be any US helicopters evacuating stragglers off the roof of the US embassy in Baghdad...not tomorrow or any other day.

That war was won on a November night two years ago. Trust me on this one, if you can, and if you cannot then at least do not despair. Maybe now we will realize that selling this war is as important as fighting it...

(snip)

I wish to tell my friends to be cheerful and especially to be of good will. Disappointments come and go, but moments of courage and integrity in dark hours will be there when the stars grow cold. We have lost the election, so let us maintain our determination, our dignity and our sense of humor, and let us take this moment to reflect upon how our actions have fallen short of our ideals. And then, finally, let's act like the Americans we are, roll up our sleeves and start rebuilding. We who have survived Civil War, the Nazi's and the Communists can probably manage to find a way to preserve the Republic in the face of Speaker Pelosi.

http://www.ejectejecteject.com/archives/000137.html

With full apologies to Mr. Whittle for snatching his wonderful words and slapping 'em up here; all credit goes to him and his nifty site "Eject! Eject! Eject! (linked under my Blog Friends). Please go to his site and read his great stuff. They're words we need to hear--and he's absolutely right!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Good advice! I didn't bother glueing myself to the tv, and watching all night! I had done my part and voted, the rest is according to G*D's Plan. HIM I trust, all others pay cash!
Good morning, G*D bless and Maranatha!

tmw
PS, when did you sleep?

4:31 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I absolutely agree with you! And I'm not sleeping much these days!

4:35 AM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Try calcium, 500mg of magnesium and melatonin before bed. The calcium and magnesium relax the muscles. And melatonin helps calm your mind for sleep.
I wrote a post on WHY this happened, from a spiritual standpoint! 2Thess. 2 and 2 Tim. 3. It is a sign of the times! Soon, very soon!

tmw

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This man is brilliant and writes extremely well. I get hooked while I'm over at his website and have to remind myself I have other things to do. Yes, he writes that well. He should be writing speeches for the GOP.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home