Friday, November 10, 2006

How the Rightwing Honors Our Troops:

Prairieson just sent me this pic of one of our soldiers:

"Comforting Embrace: Air Force Chief Master Sgt John Gebhardt, of the 332nd Expeditionary Medical Group of Balad, Iraq, cradles a young girl as they both sleep in the hospital. The girl's entire family was executed by insurgents; the killers shot her in the head, as well. The girl received treatment at the US military hospital in Balad but cries and moans often. According to nurses at the facility, Gebhardt is the only who can calm down the girl, so he has spent the last few nights holding her while they both sleep in a chair."

8 Comments:

Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Precious! Some men are truely gifted with the ability to instill a feeling of safety and love in a child's spirit. I've only known 2 men like that in my life. Children instinctively flock to them and hang onto them, they are usually surrounded by lots of children, they can barely walk!

tmw
One of the one's I knew was a retired AF Col. who became an Episcopal priest, I remember hanging onto his sleeve. The other was a retired Navy pilot...tell you something?

12:38 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Yes, that feeling of safety is like nothing else in the world. I can remember a few times feeling like that with my dad....he was in the Army in Korea...

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a awesome story.

12:45 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Yes, Rob--it really cheered me up and warmed my heart so! I needed it--it's raining again here in Space Needle City!

12:50 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

My 2 have toddled off with some friends to go see a movie. Peace reigns! Come on down Donal, a glass of Harvey's Bristol Cream and a funny movie, how's that sound?

tmw

3:02 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Suits me fine! Let's put in Turner and Hootch and howl!

3:20 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Yeah and we can rock and roll around the living room, I'll move the boxes, and forgetaboutourtroubles!
Let's do it!

tmw

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous, telling picture of American kindness and love........imagine how safe and sweet that little child feels.

I hope the Left doesn't see it...they'll be inferring pedophilia..........

GOd bless American men like this, and there have been many......and God bless the children.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home