Monday, February 05, 2007

Don't Use Mozilla's FireFox!

Attention Bloggers:

I have just been spammed by the second smart-ass Mozilla blogger who does ads for them to make money for himself. I ask my blog family and my posters to NOT use Mozilla as a web browser. When they were re-doing our wiring , and we had to move to another apt. with a computer whose only browser was Mozilla, I almost had to stop blogging, it provided such a miserable experience.

It was slow; it took forever to format a post. The post would look fine on the paste-up page, but then, when it posted, something would be wrong with it. If I went back into the dashboard to fix that, I'd post--and then something else would be wrong. When I'd fix that, when it posted, something else would foul up. It would frequently take up to 20-30 tries to get a post formatted. It took all day to get 3 or 4 posts up--and they looked like hell. My readership dropped to one-tenth of what it had been; the time spent by each visitor dropped from 6 minutes to nearly zero.

Additionally, Firefox wouldn't space correctly. There would be a different number of spaces between a title and the body of a piece, between the paragraphs in a piece--and I often had to use html to get a break between paragraphs at all. It would post in the font in which the pieces were written. That meant I'd have a site with 20 different fonts--until my blog looked like a patchwork quilt.

Instead of normalizing the size of the type, it'd post huge headlines huge with no way to fix them. Headlines would be extra-small or extra-big. They wouldn't match the rest of the font size or style. The color was lousy and I had to install AOL just so I could change the color of the title. I couldn't use one-click editing--and it wouldn't even give me the little 'pencil' icon with which to do that!

In short, Mozilla was the worst browser I've ever used and under no circumstances would I recommend using it--especially if your house is at Blogger. Mozilla is an expensive waste of time--and it employs dishonest, rude, unprofessional advertisers that spam other sites and have the manners of hogs. I do not patronize such people, nor the things they ham-handedly attempt to sell.I am happy to send this to the more than 30 friends and members of my blog family that are in my address book.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Sorry, Sweetie, but I have been running today! My brakeline developed a leak Sat. So I had to get my Tahoe into the garage, I was waitting for the plumber to call me back because of a leak in the back of the john. And I got a letter from Social security stating that My son will no longer be getting payments because he isn't in school! It has been a bit frustrating, AND then gargle switched me to beta, and I can't even get into my blog, publish comments, nada, nothing! I blasted a note to gargle, but I don't know what to do, I asked Warren for help, so I may be back online in a day or so!

tmw

3:04 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Oh, my! Well that DOES sound like a mess for you! Wish I could help! Between the gov/car/bathroom, and Gargle you've been through the mill--wish I could help! Praying for ya, kid--let His Greatness deliver an extra measure of grace to ya! With all that nonsense and Happy Monday going on, yer gonna need it! Love you!

4:07 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Well, the brakeline is replaced, I will appeal the Soc. Sec. thing, and I can finally get into my blog!
Poor Warren, I ranted at him, and he agreed with me! LOL!
This morning I have to take my Tahoe back to get the little squirty thingy's on the windshield replaced!
Life was nice, peaceful, and uneventful! I guess G*D thought I was too comfortable and booted me(in love)to get me going! Talk about a "jumpstart"! LOL!
Good morning, G*D bless and Maranatha!

tmw

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home