Saturday, February 03, 2007

Get A Little Rush!

Check Your Manhood

RUSH: You know, it is my theory -- and this is the cover story on the latest issue of the Limbaugh Letter -- that we are becoming a nation of softies, a bunch of wusses. Here's a story from Leeds, Maine. “A high school basketball coach was fired after telling his players at halftime to reach into their pants to ‘check their manhood.’” (Sigh.) So what? Do these people not understand what goes on in a men's locker room?

“Leavitt Area High School Principal Patrick Hartnett said coach Mike Remillard told the varsity boys Jan. 23 that ‘tonight's game was about who had the biggest (male genitalia) in town.’ ‘He then required his players to all stand up and put their hands down their pants and check their manhood,’

Hartnett said in the statement, which was read to school board members Thursday by Superintendent Thomas J. Hanson a day after the coach was dismissed. All but one player followed the coach's instructions, Hartnett said. The team won the game. Remillard, who was in his fourth season as varsity coach, called the pep talk ‘normal locker room banter from Fort Kent, Maine, to San Diego, California,’ but said he still should not have done it. ‘Was that tactic appropriate? No. And I'm paying the price for it,’ Remillard said.”

Oh, my gosh. You know, there are all kinds of these insults. You go out on the golf course, one of your buddies, opponents, whatever, hits a drive out of bounds, duffs a shot, chunks a shot, hits it a little Oprah, a little fat -- that's what we call it – we say, “Hey, nice. Does your husband play golf, too?” Leave a putt short, “Nice putt, Alice.”

Bill Parcells referring to wide receiver Terry Glenn of the New England Patriots, asked by the media how Glenn was doing, “She's going to get better.” Vince Lombardi, Green Bay Packers, trailing big time in a game, halftime, Lombardi didn't say anything, players kept waiting for the ranting and the raving, the chalkboard and the X's and O's, didn't say anything 'til it was time to go back out, at which time Lombardi said, “All right, let's go, girls.”

The number of occasions in this culture and society in which men are subjected to check your manhood, and don't check your manhood at the door or this kind of thing, this is just the feminization of the culture. You know what? I should have given a count down warning. I know some of you might have been driving by with little kids, driving along, and now your little kids are asking mom what this all means and you've gotta make something up.

Next time I promise, I will – (interruption) what? Oh, come on. Snerdley thinks that most moms don't know what that means. Don't make me say what’s on my mind now. I refuse to believe that. Okay. If you got kids with you, turn off the radio. Thirty seconds. Five, four, three -- you've done it, Snerdley -- two, one. Not only do I not believe that women don't know what check your manhood means, I firmly believe they are the ones doing it, to find out if it exists.

Please visit his site at: www.rushonline.com/

I, finally, agree with Rush on this issue. Our culture IS being 'feminized'--and in a most repugnant way. A real woman knows what she can do and what she cannot do. A real woman knows what a man is and what a woman is--and doesn't try to jam one into the space of the other (don't get cute with that). A real woman knows why men are here and why women are here. A real woman doesn't try to pretend to be other, she doesn't imagine characteristics she does not have.

Our dear Patsy said, the other day, about Hillary: If that comment doesn't illustrate perfectly what the hell is wrong with most women in positions of authority and power. You can't simply issue instructions or commands to the ENEMY and impose the outcome and conduct you would like.


And she was right.


As much as it would be a dream to be as good in roles of leadership as a man can be, most women are not. We simply were not made that way; we can't simply pretend we were. Perhaps it's a lack of focus, or priorities--maybe we see too many sides of an issue, or make too many compromises, or can't be firm enough, or be specific enough--to be effective leaders, but we should know who CAN do that. We have our own sphere of excellence. (And that doesn't mean that every woman cannot be a leader, only that ALL women cannot be.)

We need to let men be the men they are. For God sake's, let coaches talk to their boys how they will; it is men that can talk the special language of other men. Fluffernutting up the thing won't help. Feminizing the world will never produce a man--that is something only another man can do. Feminazis need to realize that their long battle in equalizing the sexes did not work.


God never intended that we should be the same thing. We have our jurisdiction; men have theirs. We need to leave them to that..

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donal, that is one kick-ass, beautiful post. I have a feeling your husband is a lucky man..!

10:08 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Wow, thank you Bobcat--I am blushing, surely, at your kind words!...

10:19 AM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

You are right Donal, a real woman isn't afraid or ashamed of being a woman! And we do appreciate real men!

tmw

10:45 AM  
Blogger JINGOIST said...

I couldn't agree with you or Rush more if I tried DONAL. Well said indeed!

Morgan

10:54 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

If I don't mind my saying so, Jingo, you are one gorgeous guy (wink). I KNOW Nanette knows that! LOL!

11:04 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Many, many, many times you have me stuttering over the man you are, Jingo. :-)

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donal, what a gorgeous,gorgeous, gorgeous post!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

exactly...

12:05 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Frankly, Morgan... I bet you've always had a lot of gals stuttering over ya...! (another wink)!

12:10 PM  
Blogger JINGOIST said...

Now it's MY turn to blush.

Morgan

12:11 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Morgan, you--JohnnyMac, Prairieson, Canadian Steve, Paul, JT, Warren, Steve--I don't know who all--are such total men, don't you know how much you impress us gals? You make us really, really glad we're women!

12:17 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I love you, love you, love you so dearly! Dear God, you make me so glad my heart is there... You are such gorgeous guys--as is my Paul--you make us gals LOVE being a aive. God has been very, very, very good to us!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Rush on most things but this coach sounds a lot like Mark Foley. I am the dad of a couple of great boys and if any of their wrestling coaches insinuated anything like that, well, I would seriously question what he was up to there. You can inspire kids without asking them to yank it!
- Boxer

1:45 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I think of all the guys that I've known that are real men... that are so entirely gorgeous--you make me, as a woman, love... because I have fallen in love with you. You have such real manhood, such real moral certitude--real goodness. And that is a f***ing beautiful thing. Is it any wonder I love--and respect and honor--you so dearly?

1:46 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Boxer... I'm not sure you ned to take it so literally... I think he is making a different kind of point...

1:50 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Posts 12 and 14 were about YOU, Morgan...

2:17 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I really... truly...love you so relentlessly, Morgan! You make me very, very, very happy... just knowing you! Don't you know that?

2:56 PM  
Blogger JINGOIST said...

I'm still blushing DONAL! :-)

Morgan

BTW the coach in this story reminds me of my high school football coach. Hard core type!

Morgan

3:02 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

JINGO....Morgan... forgive me for being so personal with you. I only wanted you to know how great you are, in my estimation...

Yes. In my estimation... I have added it up--and you are a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful man!

Please, I beg your pardon for admiring--and respecting so much--the ground you walk on. Truly, Morgan... you are what ALL men ought to be. I've always wanted to tell you that. (I bet most of the women who have ever met you feel exactly the same way!) There's nothing else to say but that you are a 'WOW'!!!

Please, have the most beautiful life imaginable--it is only what I would wish for you. And, were it in my power, I would give you that every single minute of every single day, for the rest of your life.

Please kiss your daughter, Carmen, for me and thank God--as I do--that she has been made--and that you have done it. Because that means you will still be here on earth--far past your own death--and that is a beautiful thing.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, Donal. A little hero worship there?

7:30 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

At least.

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think me and Morgy ought to go looking for the one weenie that ratted the coach? His masculinity was obviously in doubt. Either that or he's been faking it while Mom stuffed old socks down his pants!
Imp

12:44 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Truly! Nice to see you here, Imp! You've been missed!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home