Friday, March 02, 2007

Please, Good People, Pray For Them...

At Least 6 Dead After Charter Bus Carrying Baseball Team Falls From Bridge in Georgia

A charter bus carrying a college baseball team from Ohio plunged off a highway ramp early Friday and slammed into the pavement below, killing six people, injuring 29 and scattering sports equipment across the road, authorities said.
The bus, carrying the team from the close-knit, Mennonite-affiliated Bluffton University, toppled off the Northside Drive bridge onto a pickup truck on Interstate 75 shortly before dawn, police spokesman Joe Cobb said.


http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,256025,00.html

My best girlfriend in high school was Mennonite (I come from Brethren extract... God love you Lynne... God's grace to you, love. I love you so much, you can't f***ing imagine.)

11 Comments:

Blogger The Merry Widow said...

plucky-How about praying for the 20 dead in tornados yesterday, or better yet, pray for yourself!
Donal-How are you feeling, dear? Getting over the "crud"? I heard somebody refer to it as the "terminator bug" because it doesn't let go! I'd vouch for that, it's been a week and a half and I'm still dealing with fluid in my ear, coughing and congestion!

tmw

12:31 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I guess showing sympathy for the underage victims of a bus crash doesn't fit the leftist agenda, especially when they're from a religious institution, huh?

Of course we pray for those in Iraq. We don't celebrate death or blame America first as you do.

Why not try staying on topic, and stop spewing your bile?

12:34 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

TMW and Brookie--I love you.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

:D I'm feelin' the love!

3:59 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Having dealt with plucky over time. He actually, occassionally will hold a decent conversation. But his leftista bent runs away with him on occassion, usually in the most tasteless, untimely manner!
We love you too, Schweetie!

tmw

4:50 PM  
Blogger JINGOIST said...

My sister had this bug for two weeks recently and just got over it! I hope you feel better soon DONAL!

Morgan

9:30 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Morgan-It took my son almost 6 weeks to shake the cough! Now my daughter has it, OY! But we aren't as sick with it as some! PTL!
Donal-Take care and rest!
Good morning, G*D bless and Maranatha!

tmw

3:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is so precious, and fleeting. God must have had some good reason for calling these young people home. It would be easy to rail and curse Him for such seeming capriciousness,as I did after 9/11. But somehow ,I found the faith I lost. In some way coming to know you people here helped me to find that faith again. "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away''. I hope HE gives these familes the strength to go on. J'Mac.

6:47 AM  
Blogger JINGOIST said...

Well said JM!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning Morgan, how are you? J'Mac.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY well said, indeed, J'Mac..beautiful.

The loss of those kids is devastating, isn't it. One survivor said none of them would ever forget the images.......God bless them all... may he erase those images and restore the feeling of hope they deserve to have.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home