Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Big White Lie

The Big White Lie
By Andrew Klavan

The thing I like best about being a conservative is that I don’t have to lie. I don’t have to pretend that men and women are the same. I don’t have to declare that failed or oppressive cultures are as good as mine.

I don’t have to say that everyone’s special or that the rich cause poverty or that all religions are a path to God. I don’t have to claim that a bad writer like Alice Walker is a good one or that a good writer like Toni Morrison is a great one. I don’t have to pretend that Islam means peace.

more...

http://www.city-journal.org/html/17_2_diarist.html

3 Comments:

Blogger VerityINK said...

My sis liked this one so much she asked me to post it...

9:34 AM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

And when you don't lie, you don't have to worry about who you told what! Simplifies your life!
BTW-How are you doing?

tmw

12:28 PM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

ralph lauren
cheap ugg boots
michael kors bags
nike shoes
ed hardy
moncler jackets
ray ban sunglasses
ugg outlet
jordan 4
converse trainers
2017.8.19

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home