Friday, May 11, 2007

The 50% Americans

The 50% Americans

I just watched the press conference with the President, coming out of the Pentagon. I loved that President Bush came out and stressed that the Democrats were all for funding their special interest domestic pork projects... 100%, but the American Soldier... 50%.

I am aware of the group that went whining to the President about polls showing how unpopular the war is and how tough it is on them and, gee, maybe they can't get re-elected. These were so-called Republicans... whaaaa! I hate this namby pamby "Oh... oh... people are sick and tired of people dying in a war. Oh...hold my hand, Mr. President!"

On 9-11, I sat there stunned--cried a little--then my anger grew, and I wished I wasn't 43 , at that time, because this girl knew what was right! I tell you, what I have learned now, since 9-11--most of the people sitting on Capital Hill need to go. As they say in the military 'if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem'.

Bad and evil people hit us on 9-11. They have probably hit us more times than that. Does anyone think that just knocking Saddam Hussein off fixed anything? Does anyone really believe that he had NOTHING to do with terrorists? Did I, or did I not, hear for years "man, old George H.W. Bush screwed up in DesertStorm... he should have taken Saddam out."

Have I, or have I not, been hearing how we should send more troops into Iraq and let loose the dogs of war? So, now we are--and it is 'oh, gosh, we've got to stop!' Hello! When you have the bad guy down on the ground you don't suddenly say 'oh, sorry, got to run home to mamma.'

I can see George Washington, and all the old patriots, saying 'oh, goodness me, can't cross the Delaware... got to get the speaker of the house to agree with me. The American people don't like the war... really ought to stop right here. Of course, we 'll all be hanged for treason, but the American people aren't approving of everything I do. Let me see... must take a poll to see if the people approve of my next move in the war against the tyrants in England.'

You know, if you study war and WWII, you could make the case they really, really screwed around there. Hell's bells, they could've taken Hitler out early. Anyone ever take a look at how many people were killed in one battle on those Pacific Islands?It is unreal. And the plans on D Day could've been lots better--they really weren't that great. But, now days, everyone has an opinion--all the little armchair generals.

Funny, I don't remember seeing anyone putting them in charge. And the politicans; exactly how many wars has Nancy, Harry, and Murtha run and won?? Anyone have the numbers?

What really gets me in a lather, though, is the so-called Republican, back-stabbing Judas' who jump on Bush. He takes their advice and they run and call him names and throw him to the wolves. If he doesn't take their advice, they throw him to the wolves anyway. I understand the Dhimmicrats doing it but, for the love of God, we deserve better from the president's own party.

We need to call out these fair-weather friends and tell them to go on and hit the road. Man, I wish I had a bucket of tar and some crocker sacks full of feathers. This president deserves so much better.

We did not go to war in Iraq to be popular. We went to war as part of a larger war on terror, and we had best get on with it and grow a pair! Man, I am sick of the whining! All of us needs to buck up--because, if we lose in Iraq, we might as well get out the compass and learn which way east is, so we can pray 5 times a day.

I don't care what happens to the Party. I care that I have a country in the future. And what the candidates believe in their special places inside their hearts about certain things--I don't care. There are bigger issues out there.

WE HAVE TO WIN THE WAR ON TERROR OR WE'LL ALL DIE!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good rant. Yes, we have a bunch of weak-kneed wonders in Congress. They want to butt in wherever they can, but they're scared to death to take a stand on anything besides their own party's boilerplate talking points. What cheap fools!

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW is what I have to say about JEAN'S SYMBOL,YOFI.

YOU SAY 'JEAN MANDOLIN' AND THE MUSIC STARTS FLOWING.

You look at this and you know that we are talking about one BEAUTIFUL MANDOLINA lady.

And everyhing she says is right and to the point .

Southern accent and all.

Wow and thank you both again.

Love you

batya

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo, Jean Mandolin. Bravo.

Arnold

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And thank you mister A-NOLD for recognizing this fine music too.


batya

1:16 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Well, I wanted to hurry and get Jean on the board--she's arrived!
Thanks, guys!

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job to Jean and Donal!! WOnderful and SO well said.

If you don't start whistling THE BATTLE HYMN OF THE REPUBLIC while reading this, you're not paying attention!! (or, can you play that on the mandolin? naa..I don't think so!!)

z

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I appreciate all the kind words and encouragement written here.


To me, I have come to realize the biggest danger to this wonderful country is the "leaders" , scared of their own shadow.

They want the president or someone to do all the work and the hard parts..they just want that paycheck and nice parking space and other perks.


Jean

9:34 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Jean, you made it! Wonderful to have you here!

Yes, I can't remember the last time we truly had a can-do President--maybe Reagan, but I was in college then and didn't concentrate on politics.

I don't know why the current crop isn't more proactive. I mean, I know they have a lot of constituents that want a lot of things, but they seems paralyzed into non-action most of the time. You're right, Jean, they've got to go--ALL of them.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey JEAN MANDOLIN


Now that you found your way here we need to hear your music every now and again here too.


NICE .

batya

10:55 AM  
Blogger In Russet Shadows said...

I agree completely. I expect this cowardice from those who can capitalize on it by playing the role of the opposition. I do not expect it from fellow Republicans, and to be honest, it makes me mentally vomit. They think that by attacking Bush they'll continue to be re-elected? Most of them won't be, but for the few that are, what good will it have done? Selling out your country to get a few more years in office? May their dreams at night torment them!

5:35 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

AMEN, RussetShadows--you add a lot to the comment section!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russet Shadows - That's fully half the problem with the GOP; they don't support one another and the Prez. like they should.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home