Thursday, May 24, 2007

The 'Crimeless' Victim

The 'Crimeless' Victim
By William Rusher

In recent years, we have all been introduced to the concept of the "victimless crime." This is a situation in which a crime seems to have been committed, but there is no apparent victim. That raises interesting questions for law school classes to chew on -- e.g., ought the perpetrator of the crime to be punished?

Now another sort of anomaly is appearing, which might be called the "crimeless victim." This is someone whom the government, or some branch of it, is determined to regard as a criminal, and punish as such, even though he or she has not in fact committed any crime. The first notable example of a "crimeless victim" is Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.

more...

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/WilliamRusher/2007/05/24/the_crimeless_victim

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fairness and true justice is the last thing on any Dumbocrat mind.

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just totally unfair!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm glad I read the article, Donal.....I had bought into Goodling's testimony, since I've never been a big fan of Gonzales' anyway. I was outraged and it fanned my fire against him; since the day he was sworn in and I thought "isn't it wonderful a Hispanic with good credentials is being given this honor?", I'd heard more and more from him and was less and less impressed, frankly.

To hear Schumer, et al, say what they're saying, I have to admit I"d bought into this. (though I CAN"T STAND these guys, Trust me!!)

I had NO idea that Goodling had testified her actions were not based on input from GOnzales or Rove, and am very glad to be straightened out. And I read and listen to A LOT of news. I'd read pieces about her testimony and somehow 'missed' this part! (ya, right...our media, huh?)

Too bad less informed Americans are only hearing what I heard...who reads THIS guy to hear the truth?

Thanks, D. A public service, indeed!!

10:24 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Well, that's why I posted it; it seemed to cut through all the spin and simply tell it like it was. I found it a revelation, too!

Thanks, hon!

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The crime is perjury. Just like with Scooter and Clinton.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But he hasnt been charged with a crime. At least not yet. He will though in time and probably be pardoned. You see this part is called an i-n-v-e-s-t-i-g-a-t-i-o-n. Sometimes the person being investigated will be charged with a crime and other times they wont. I will bet you that there will be charges this time because we are finding that Gonzales 'coached' Goodlings testimony (Crime). Goodling hired people based on political leanings (Crime but she has immunity), Gonzales has lied to Congress (Crime).

12:50 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

SILLY ANON.--This is just an elaborate game of 'gotcha' by the Dems. Clinton fired ALL his attorneys simply because ONE OR TWO were investigating him--THAT is strictly forbidden, but of course he got a pass. Monica said she didn't even talk all this over with Gonzales...

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home