Saturday, May 12, 2007

How Our Civilization Will End, Too Enfeebled to Resist

How Our Civilization Will End, Too Enfeebled to Resist

Why should our civilization avoid the fate of every other "advanced" civilization, including the folks who built hadrian's wall? (talk about a major immigration problem. there the celts were, happily bashing each other over the head, overdoing the blue eye-shadow thing and swappping real estate options with the Norse, the Franks, and whoever else had a boat and a real bad testosterone issue).


Historically speaking, California and the southwest isn't being invaded--merely re-claimed by a group who in turn, had a bad immigration problem with greedy Spanish soldiers and a mixed group of priests that were occasionally more sinner than saint, in spite of the names of the missions dotting the coast.

I understand the very real danger of loss of life and culture, and I'm not saying let it all go to perdition in a handbasket. I am saying that there is a pattern with societies, a wax and wane, that is constant and predictable. and the U.S. is displaying a lot of the red flags that indicates our best days may be behind us.

Now, does that mean we give up, and do nothing to make things better? No. Does it mean we give up our principles? Again, no. Things were not going so well when Uncle Mordecai had that chat with Esther, either. We do what He has sent us to do, and live the life He has called us to live--but be surprised at great evil and to be afraid? No.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teachest my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust" Psalm 144:1,2

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep." Psalm 121:1-4.

Guns are noisy and often innaccurate. G-d is a much better shot. Personally, I don't dare allow myself the luxury of weeping. I often find it hard to stop. So I find work worth the doing and people worth the loving--you, for instance.

Thank you for listening.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your upbeat, determined outlook!

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU, ma'am, don't sound enfeebled.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I am always surprised when people want to paint religion as this passive, namby-pamby thing. God/Jesus didn't make that claim at all, even though 'turn the other cheek' WAS brought forth.

They were all for fighting for the right things.

I believe it was in our personal relationships that 'turn the other cheek' should be most useful.


God didn't intend our tolerance lead to our extinction...

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cindi,

Great fun finding you here saying some things that came from your Heart.


I say, trust in God but also keep your knives sharp and your guns clean and at the ready.

God will help us if we will help ourselves.


batya

8:00 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Sis--fixed it! If you ever need a re-do, just give a-holler!

8:01 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Yup, no crying here. I'm just going to keep on keeping on--and fightin''em tooth and nail.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this was great! It was sensible, true and upbeat.
The main thing is..some things just aren't in our hands alone.

Maybe we should all be watching for that angel that rides the whirlwind.

There is a larger force directing this muddle .
We need to stay sharp and ready ,but not overwhelmed.


Jean

9:34 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Jean, those were common sense words, too. I know we all get discouraged, but you're right as rain. We need to keep the faith--and our hearts.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cindi is a sage...Strong, gentle, smart, incredibly wise.

Thanks, Cindi.......it's an honor to know you.

z

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me, Cindi, of something I sometimes tend to forget.

Arnold

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home