Monday, May 07, 2007

A Set-Up For Sure...

Oath Upheld, But At What Cost?
By Dennis Byrne

Whatever your politics or your views on the Iraq war, the admission by Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) that as a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee he knew that America was duped into a war, but remained silent because he was sworn to secrecy, was a stunner."


At the time of this debate," he recently said on the Senate floor, "I was a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee. And I would read the headlines in the paper in the morning and watch the television newscasts and shake my head. ...

"The information we had in the Intelligence Committee was not the same information being given to the American people. I couldn't believe it. ... So in my frustration, I sat on the floor of the Senate and listened to this heated debate about invading Iraq thinking the American people are being misled, they are not being told the truth."

more...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-0705060327may07,0,1185177.story?coll=chi-newsopinioncommentary-hed

What a Democrat party set-up! The GOPers walked right into this one! He can virtually say anything he wants to--without having to show any proof--and the Dems will buy it hook, line, and sinker.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Durbin always was a snake.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never trusted Durbin.... now I know why.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home