Friday, June 22, 2007

What the Dems Think Of 9/11 and America...

Myspace Layouts

From DU: Are You Still Terrified From Sept. 11th, 2001?

It was a terrible day, and what has happened to America since then has also been terrible. I was terrified on that day, we all were, are we still? I am not however terrified of Osama bin Laden because he seems to be utterly forgotten, I am now terrified of dick cheney and his plans for us all. Is the nine eleven mojo still working on you? Are you more terrified or less terrified now? (Philosoraptor)

DUers Chime In:

--I don't know - Katrina seems just as scary.

--Isn't it incredible how the fear and paranoia spread? Every time a plane passed overhead, I got a little anxious. It was like wildfire. I was terrified for weeks. This is why when people talk of a conspiracy, I have to say "hmmmmmmmmm"..... Bush's word was gold. The government could do no wrong. Everybody flew the flag. It was a neocon's dream.

--Really? Were you really terrified for weeks? I was very annoyed with people who were saying, "Thank goodness Al Gore isn't president!"

--I remember that some people reacted with fear, but many did not. I was asking a lot of questions that day, like, where is the president? My then-husband and I instantly knew that Osama bin Laden was responsible.

--To be honest, the whole thing never scared me that much. I watched everyone around me turn into raving paranoid nutcases, but without having the TV, I didn't get the subconscious programming that everyone else did, and I never got overly scared.

--I had TV at the time and I still wasn't scared.

--No, I was not terrified on that day. I didn't get scared until POS Bush started to turn our country into a secretive, police-state agitprop-driven aggressor nation.

--Not terrified, except of my gov't.

--No, in fact since Oct. 2001 and the Patriot Act, I've been far more frightened by the actions taken in response to it. Everything done in the name of 911 is hogwash perpetrated by authoritarians seeking to use it to gain power.


--I'm not terrified. I'm damn well pissed off at those who use it to further their nefarious plans. And I'm pissed off at everyone who buys into their meme, wringing their hands and saying "whatever it takes to keep us safe." Land of the Free and Home of the Brave? Not anymore.

--If I had known how bad things would get under Bush's fascist regime, THEN I would have been afraid. But the attacks of a handful of terrorists, while horrible, were not that unusual.

--Yes. I am petrified about what horrendous shit the evil fucking bastards occupying the White House are going to do to us next.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x1159487

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting that of all the emotions expressed about 9/11...anger at the muslims who did it is not one of them!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The great majority of these kids, and they do sound like immature kids to me, seem to be engaging in a kind of ''one-upmanship'' with each other in who can be the most outlandish, turgid , hateful and vulgar. A kind of anal-expolsive/retentive angry child. And not only do they share and bolster each other in this, individually and collectivly their anger fortifies them. And without a doubt there are those among them who are not kids and a potenionaly dangerous. They're the ones who get my attention. Its truly sad and scary to see such anger and hate, such possible and real violence in people whatever their age and at their own country. Its a little more than three months away to the sixth anniversery of that terrible day.Recently I saw some video on YOUTube of people hurling themselves from the Trade Center. I can't tell you the emotions I felt. I honestly felt that if I had heard someone stand before me,in person and say what these DU'ers said I'd have killed them. THAT scared me. J'Mac.

7:30 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

J'Mac-They could be in their 60's, but they are toddlers at heart, pathetic.
As for 9/11, I was horrified at the evil, grieved for the families, friends and nation. But I was angry at the devil who inspired this and the leaders who promulgated it and infuriated at the sheer cowardliness of the methods!
For the sake of justice and the well being of the country I wanted the instigators to die in combat or face a judge and be sentenced to death!
These puling "children" have no sense of right or decency, and I hope to avoid their ilk in the future, for their sakes!

tmw

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J'Mac is right. It is a one upmanship in many cases and many of these are cheeto's eating losers, not representative of the Democratic party. Excellent insight on that J'Mac.

5:40 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

LES--Pity, then, that the Democrat party has so many of them!

As much as you'd like to make everyone think this stuff comes from ONE person on the far, far, far, far crazy Left, I intentionally pic posts that replicate themselves over and over on a VARIETY of Lefty/Dem sites--and by MANY posters.

Clean up your party and stop the denial.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catfleas, COWARDICE is one of the driving emotions behind all of this leftist rage. Just look at how these leftists behave towards the members of the "peace-loving" religion of Islam. They build FOOT WASHING BASINS!! Make no mistake, they continuously cave to Muslim demands because they are terrified of them.

Morgan

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Katrina is just as scary"? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA????

9:31 AM  
Blogger In Russet Shadows said...

Les, where is your evidence that the Democrat party is not best represented by DU? I'm not looking for absolute proof, but just any information on where The Democrat Party hangs out online.

According to you, it's not Wonkette.com, DU, Moveon.org, or Dkos.

Where are they, Les? Are you saying that Democrats en masse don't hang out online? Why or why not?

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home