Monday, August 06, 2007

The Center Of the Left...

FROM DU: This Is A Heartfelt Confused Post

I love my country, but I don't know what else I can do? I'm gay, liberal, want rights for the poor, women should be able to have the right to their own bodies, taxes should pay for health care for all... etc.

But who is showing me this? Everything seems so muddled sometimes, it's hard for an "outsider" like me to see through the clouds. I've been on DU since 11.04, yet post rarely.

I love learning here, and you all are so great... but I'm so discouraged. I don't want to give up, and won't... but after our bridge collapsed last week and a friend of mine survived a forty foot fall floating down the Mississippi, and puking through Bush's "visit"... I just don't know anymore.

Do you all sometimes bury your head in your hands and just cry? I try and reach out to people, yet it all seems so deaf. I want so much to make a difference for my brother's children, even though he's a Bushie.

So often I just feel like a zombie...like, is this real? Is this the world I'm supposed to be living in? I need someone to help me out of this... I think our entire country needs that.

Thanks for hearing me vent. I'm a faithful reader, and you all offer so much. Keep it up. It gives me strength every day.

xoxo Matt (MinneapolisMatt)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x3429267

I agree, Matty; your post is, indeed, confused... but don't worry; one day, hopefully you will grow up and realize how special America is. You will realize that it is just your little batch of doomsayers that wish to play 'Ain't It Awful' and 'It's All Bush's Fault!'

As you get older, you'll see that nobody is 'deaf', there are plenty of people listening. Things really aren't 'muddled'--and those of us that are all 'gwown up' don't simply put our heads in our hands and cry. It's hard to do that when you live in wonderful America. It's like crying while you carry cake in both hands--only kids do that.

The first thing you can do is drop the term 'Bushie'--and don't make your nieces and nephews into second-class citizens for having some conservative thoughts. Second, you can stop 'puking' through a President's visit--ANY President of the United States. Perhaps you can remember why he's there and think of those folks and it'll help you get your mind off yourself for awhile...

You're not a zombie (and leaving all those blunts alone will help you feel less like one) and, 'like, this IS real'. This IS life--and it's just fine.

You obviously need help, but our entire country doesn't. We're strong, we work, we think the right thoughts, we rely on God, we try to support each other--and we know our raison d'etra on earth is more than simply hugging a tree, making sure a woman gets to abort her baby, or taxing the bejaysus out of everyone just to pay for hairbrained Democrat social programs.

Stand up for your country, quit feeling sorry for yourself, and realize you live in the best country God ever made!

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good response!

Morgan

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh Donal, you can do better than this cant you?

This young man is obviously depressed. Its great fun to mock him though, isnt it. I hope everyone reads the rest of the comments back to this poor fellow American.

8:48 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

You hippy flipdips love to to 'be depressed' and garner as much sympathy and hearts and flowers as possible. I have real compassion for depression--but not much for someone feeling sorry for himself and playing 'Poor Me'/'Poor Us'.

There's not much more of a prescription this guy needs other than 'grow up' and 'do some hard work'. I know the Leftist position relies inordinately on thinking about oneself, but that doesn't mean we have to indulge him.

Sometimes, sympathy hurts. A pep talk is what this guy needs.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Les Ismore said...

Have you ever thought of commenting directly on DU? You have accounts there, why not just comment there instead of mocking this poor soul here?

9:08 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

They do not allow anyone who does not tout their party line to comment there, Les. Surely, you know this. They ban them immediately.

1:06 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

And, Les, why do you care where I comment about him? Think he'll get more sympathy over there? Of course he will; you bleeding hearts will no doubt cushion him through anything, echo his badmouthing of this country, and encourage his self-pity. That's NOT gonna help him...

1:12 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

It's called enabling, and it's a very unhealthy thing for ALL parties involved!
It's called codependency...and it's a mental illness!

tmw

3:11 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

EXACTLY! TMW has hit the nail on the head, as usual!

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

les, how many conservative comments have you seen at DU?

And, les, how do you think Conservatives feel when NOTHING but negativity and nastiness and belittlement's come from the left since 2000? My heart's going to bleed for a guy who only reads liberal news and wallows in its negativity? Time to BUCK up and start loving this country again and supporting our actions. He'll be far more depressed after the next 9/11, which maybe could be diverted if we WERE united.

7:23 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

LES--You will not use your cutesy little catchword nicknames for the Republican party--clear? How many damned times do I have to say so?

10:27 AM  
Blogger Les Ismore said...

Donal,
I really think your posters are mature enough and smart enough not to need your protection. Really. We are all adults here. I dont take the insults hurled in my direction personally, I take the source into account. I am sure that your posters are mature enough and man enough to let everyone speak and defend themselves.

1:26 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

You won't use your nicknames here, Les. And this is my house, I'll run it as I please. As usual, you're the only one complaining.

Just follow the rules, Les, Just follow the rules... sigh.

1:41 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

LES--This is going to be the ONE space in the entire blogosphere that you people don't turn into something ugly. You wanna be ugly, go to DU etc.--they LOVE it there.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Les Ismore said...

I am laughing really hard now. Have you ever read the vile hatred that comes out of say....Patsys commentary. I dont take it personally but it is cute that you have to protect the same people who can cuss to make a sailor blush!

But you are right, it is your blog and I know you put alot of time into maintaining it. Good on you Donal.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

les....nobody's offering conservatives cover here...This is Donal's house and she only welcomes what she wants to welcome.

Conservatives come here to get her take on the liberal blogs, which delights us, and to get away from the overwhelming liberal din of the American media. Not for protection.

4:13 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Exactly right, Z; we're in the right--what 'protection' do WE need? ROFLMAO!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home