Monday, June 09, 2008

Obama, Black Liberation Theology and Anti-Semitism

Obama, Black Liberation Theology and Anti-Semitism
By Kyle-Anne Shiver

I admit it: in certain ways I have led a very sheltered life. My circle of acquaintances may have led me astray in understanding American antisemitism.


As an American, who grew up in the two decades just after World War II, I have long had a strong repugnance for even the slightest hint of antisemitism. During my lifetime, and in my own experience, the American gentiles I've known have had only the most unabashed love and respect for Jews. To be perfectly honest -- though it may make me seem incomparably naïve -- I didn't really think antisemitism could rear its ugly head in our Country ever, ever again.

Until I started following the threads of Obama's Chicago history, his church, his other associations, especially the religious ones, I honestly didn't think anyone but the scantiest few fringe neo-Nazis or throngs of Middle-Eastern Muslims still harbored Jew hatred.

I assumed Farrakhan got his antisemitism from the Koran. The Koran, after all, is pretty explicit about Mohammed's hatred of the Jews, most likely because the Jews stubbornly clung to the wisdom of their own prophets and refused to convert.

But when I read the Black Liberation Theology books of James H. Cone, I saw a subtly disguised, resentful kind of antisemitism which I had never encountered before.

more...

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/06/obama_black_liberation_theolog_2.html

2 Comments:

Blogger CHOMP said...

I must admit my ignorance; I did not know about black liberation theology.

Believe me I am now making it my personal responsibility to be educated about this "theology?" that is an obvious threat to America.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If someone bothered to tell us what is not antisemitic, it would make a much shorter list, and we'd have less to learn.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home