Thursday, December 07, 2006

12/7/2006

HONOR PEARL HARBOR AND THOSE HEROES WHO DIED DEFENDING THIS COUNTRY

I Did Not Die

Do not stand at my grave and forever weep.
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and forever cry.
I am not there. I did not die....


This is for the men who died on December 7, 1941. All the sniveling cowards have nothing in common with these great men; they knew what real honor was. They knew how to fight, they had the guts to fight, and they loved America and stood to defend her. That's the real measure of a man.

Jon Carry, this Bud is NOT for you!

Victor Davis Hanson: Our Pearl Harbor

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/12/our_pearl_harbor.html

6 Comments:

Blogger JINGOIST said...

G-d bless them all. And their survivors.

Morgan

4:00 AM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

My Father was nursing a hangover in a hotel in San Fran, he was on leave from the Army Air Corps base in King City, Cal. He was a flight instructor there. He was so mad that he started volunteering for the front, but they kept him at King City for quite a while. He flew his entire bombing tour over Germany and afterward stayed as a fighter pilot till the end of the war. My Jr. ROTC teacher was at Hickham Field and was one of the few that got off the ground that day!
To much history that I learned at the knees of those who were there!
Good morning, G*D bless and Maranatha!

tmw

5:00 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

God Bless them, indeed! Thanks are not enough.

8:16 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Our stepdad was a frontline medical corpsman... He gave battlefield transfusions, he landed on D-Day and survived. 9/11 would have horrified him. The man that buried mom was a Pearl Harbor survivor. Pastor R, God Bless all you brave men!

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this. I love this poem, too.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sixty-five years ago today a war America had tried to avoid came to it on a quiet Sunday morning and in just over two hours,just like on a September morning sixty years later,over 2,700 hundred Americans were dead and the nation was at war. Then,as now,the signs were there yet Americans remained determined to not see it,America wanted to ''avoid foregien entanglements''.Will we still have the will to keep fighting Islamofacism? I hope so or my late Uncle Billy,an Army Air Corps mechanic at Hickim Field that morning ,and later battles in Europe sacrafice was for nothing. My uncle survievd the war,but barely. The men and women of that "Day of Infamy'' ,of that generation experienced something horrific and accomplished something extraordinary;they saved the world. God bless the Pearl Harbor Survivors and Never Forget. Johnnymac.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home