Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Gutlessness Of the Lesser-Than:

Why They Deny the Holocaust

ONE DAY IN 1994, when I was living in Ede, a small town in Holland, I got a visit from my half-sister. She and I were both immigrants from Somalia and had both applied for asylum in Holland. I was granted it; she was denied. The fact that I got asylum gave me the opportunity to study. My half-sister couldn't. In order for me to be admitted to the university I wanted to attend, I needed to pass three courses: a language course, a civics course and a history course. It was in the preparatory history course that I, for the first time, heard of the Holocaust. I was 24 years old at that time, and my half-sister was 21.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-ali16dec16,0,2351518.story?coll=la-home-commentary

Dear God, I cannot imagine not knowing about the Holocaust. I don't make many blanket statements about people--but I will about the Jews: There are no kinder, smarter or more accomplished people on earth. They have assimilated into every society into which they were sent--and added to it immeasurably. They've only given the world their beautiful accomplishments.

If they've shown other societies that they are their betters, then they should accept them as templates--not merely as something to be hated and destroyed.

Anything less is disingenuous and gutless.

5 Comments:

Blogger JINGOIST said...

Thanks for posting this DONAL. Ayaan Hirsi Ali is certainly a courageous woman who has put her own life in danger by writing this op ed. Her article spoke volumes about Islam in particular. How sad that a religion of 1.4 BILLION people see themselves as the victims of of 20 million of us eeeeeeeeevil Jews. What a psychosis!

DONAL you wrote about Jewish achievement and the fact that a tiny minority has done so well. Thankfully most of it has been for the benefit of mankind, many of us cringe at the personal injury lawyers in our midst. Oh and lest I forget, the ACLU attorneys.

IMHO the reasons Jews are HUGELY overrepresented in industry, medicine, the sciences, math and the other scholorly pursuits is our love of learning and our expectations of our children.

At every family gathering when I was a kid, my aunts and uncles would ask, "so how are you doing in school? Your grandfather, in addition to being....was also a teacher of literature, remember that Morgan."

Since sports was my passion, my older relatives expected less of me than they did my brother and sister and I got the full court press of expectations! You always hear this new-age dog squeeze about not "pressuring the children, it'll harm them."

What a bunch of horsesh-t! We get exactly what we expect out of them most of the time. Expectations!
That's the biggest reason for Jewish success in my opinion. There are other smaller ones, but that's the biggest reason.

Morgan

5:46 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Good morning! Yes, and at the root of those attributes are the fine moral base the Jewish people have. Would that every culture were similarly situated.

(1.4 billion vs. 20 million--I forget which comic said it but said the size differential was akin to the Arab countries being a football field--and Israel being a pack of matches! LOL)

8:32 AM  
Blogger JINGOIST said...

DONAL methinks thou dost sleep insufficiently! That was pretty clever of that comic. :-)

Morgan

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am aware of this .It could have been DENIS MILLER who said that .

A box of matches ...how appropriate .If the Arabs are not going to stop on time playing with fire this box of matches will kick into gear and then PUFF GOES THE ARAB WORLD.

I like your post MORGAN.So what else is new.

batya

9:45 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

So many in Islamic nations don't know about the Holocaust. While that's hard for us to believe or to understand, I am convinced that such is the situation.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home