Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Malkin Must-Read...

Sally Field Doesn't Speak for Me

Like actress Sally Field, I am a mom. Unlike Sally Field, I do not live in La-La Land. We breathe a different brand of oxygen. We hold diametrically opposed worldviews. We have nothing in common but stretch marks.

Contrary to tongue-tied Sally's incoherent Primetime Emmy Awards diatribe, childbearing and childrearing experiences do not bond all women in a universal sorority of non-confrontation. There are sheep moms. There are lion moms. We know which kind Sally Field is.

"If mothers ruled the, ruled the world, there would be no god-damned wars in the first place," Field bleated. In the Gidget Guide to Parenting, mothers are appeasers and hand-holders. Our maternal instincts supposedly lead us to shun fights and coddle bullies instead of disciplining them.

more...

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MichelleMalkin/2007/09/19/sally_field_doesn't
_speak_for_me?page=1

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love Michelle, she's such a common-sense gal. Do you know how many kids she has, Donal?

4:10 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I think 2, but I may be wrong, hon.

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is one of our best. Sally Field joins a long list of actors whose movies I won't watch.

Morgan

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home